Ligonier Football Parking

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ligonier Football Parking

Post by knowitall »

Each year Ligonier hosts simething called Fort Ligonier Days. I believe it draws more than a high school football game. Festivalgoers are somehow able to find places to park.
spike98
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by spike98 »

Wildcat, how do you know what Ligonier thinks? You must have a crystal ball!
HCQB12
Freshman
Freshman

Post by HCQB12 »

spike98 wrote:Wildcat, how do you know what Ligonier thinks? You must have a crystal ball!
Because their head coach tells everybody everytime he makes an asinine statement to the media or other coaches...at least that's the impression he gives!
LVBigfoot
Junior
Junior

Post by LVBigfoot »

knowitall wrote:Each year Ligonier hosts simething called Fort Ligonier Days. I believe it draws more than a high school football game. Festivalgoers are somehow able to find places to park.

Yeah, they pay anywhere from 5 to 10 dollars to park in people's yard then browse the overpriced antiques, crafts and carnival food.
spike98
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by spike98 »

I'm guessing Wildcat and HCQB12 are Homer Center Alums, it's nice to see that they are so knowledgeable about Ligonier and the head coach. I'll give it to them, Homer is on a nice run these past 2 years so I guess they can say what they want. Let's just see what they complain about over the next few years when they are bottom feeders again. I enjoy it when fans are on here pointing fingers when they are on top. It won't last long. Homer Center will be irrelevant again. Beginning next weekend when they get ousted in the 1st round.
bigben7
Junior
Junior

Post by bigben7 »

I'm not a Homer fan but guess what? While they are playing in the playoffs, Ligonier will be rolling out the basketballs.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Big deal. The clocks change Sunday. The weather is changing with it.

It is basketball season.
spike98
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by spike98 »

Good point Mr Obvious, I mean BigBen7. It's definitely a down year for Ligonier. But they still managed 4 wins and could've easily won the Northern Cambria, Huntingdon and Homer Center games. But they didn't, so they will be sitting at home. Not too bad for a down year, most schools go winless (HOMER 2011, UNITED) or win one game in down years. I've been to Homer Center games, the facilities are awful there too. Plus, no fence around the field so the fans are practically on the field of play. Especially in each endzone. The Heritage as a whole has awful facilities. Look at the LHAC and Bellwoods facilties....Wow! Now that's pride!
jaxcar
Junior
Junior

Post by jaxcar »

spike 98...wow how long did it take you to figure out that Wildcat and HCQB12 are homer center alums, with those names it doesn't take a genius to figure out where they are from. Also it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Ligoniers coach does at times make some off the wall asinine statements, anyone who follows high school football in the heritage can tell you that just by reading his quotes in the paper and listening to coaches corner every saturday morning. I also think to make a statement that Homer Center will be irrelevant again is pretty strong, when has Ligonier football ever been relevant, they are a AA school playing in a single A conference, they should just by the fact of their larger numbers being AA win the conference every year and they've one it once in 5 years since they consolidated with Laurel Valley. To me there are only a few schools in D6 class A that are relevant year in and year out..Bellwood, BG, BC and BM (mccort and carroll falling off the last few years, and BG becoming a power in the last few), Homer has 3 D6 titles, Penns Manor has 1, Saltsburg 1, Purchase Line 1 (AA), United 2 (AA). Ligonier hasn't even come close to winning a D6 title, I believe they have only one playoff win since the District playoffs started in 1985 while alot of the other heritage teams have multiple wins including titles. So to say a team will be irrelevant is a pretty bold statement when your team maybe the most irrelevant one of them all and like bigben7 stated when Homer is going to the playoffs again along with what looks like 3 other heritage teams, Ligonier will be rolling out the basketballs after another disappointing and irrelevant season.
bigben7
Junior
Junior

Post by bigben7 »

After Ligonier loses to Central tomorrow they will be 2-8 against PA AA teams in the last 5 years. Both wins coming against the same Bald Eagle team in 2012. If they played in an AA conference instead of an A conference they would have some 1 or 2 win seasons also. It's a lot easier beating up on teams that you double in size.