Ligonier Football Parking

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
LVBigfoot
Junior
Junior

Ligonier Football Parking

Post by LVBigfoot »

Ligonier has to be the worst venue for parking and watching a football game. I arrived at the Ligonier vs Homer game shortly after the opening kickoff and proceeded to look for a parking spot behind the field house. I turned in between the two rows of cars (that constitutes as their entire lot) and drove to the end of the row expecting some sort of outlet. Instead, I found myself blocked in with 3 vehicles following behind me. I put my truck in reverse and started to back up and noticed some lady trying trying to do a 27 point turn in the 15 feet between rows of cars. I got out of my truck and advised her that it was impossible to turn around and that she needed to back out. Meanwhile, it was now 14 to nothing Ligonier when I finally got out of that cluster*%*@. I had to drive back up through town and pay to park at the YMCA lot, and walk down to the game. I don't know why they don't open up their practice field for parking like they have done in the past. It was open for the Blairsville game this year. There is also no good spot to stand once you make it in to the stadium, as it seems like you are a half mile away from the field. They should play their games at Laurel Valley's field.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ligonier Football Parking

Post by peytonsaturday »

As nice of a stadium as it is, Johnstown isn't much better. No matter where you park it's a hike to the stadium. More so for older fans who don't get around as well anymore.
Dragoncat
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Dragoncat »

Parking there is bad but so is having to have both teams sit on the same side of the field. Nothing really good comes out of that. The visitors do not want to hear the guests and the guests don't really want to hear the home team fans either! There is a ton of room behind the visitor sideline for bleachers and parking.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

you can't really have too much parking behind the visitors bench....that is where their practice field is....
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I know a lot of places that park on the practice fields on Friday nights
-BIRDS OF PREY-
CoachHooverLTS
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CoachHooverLTS »

The majority of local schools never planned for today's parking needs and have failed to make changes to improve. Some schools are just landlocked, but others have opportunity. They'll say it's a budget issue, but if an organized effort was made, money can be found and work can be donated to make these improvements. AD's need to start thinking like businessmen: better parking = more tickets sold. Make it attractive for people to want to come and sit on a cold bleacher for 2.5 hours to watch a game! So many ways to make the fan experience better, which in the end, only packs the house and increases revenue while building excitement around the sport.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

its hard to believe Ligonier once had someone want to build the school a new football field and they declined it because he wanted his name or something on it.... That stadium is the worst out of any i've ever seen!
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

konjo78 wrote:its hard to believe Ligonier once had someone want to build the school a new football field and they declined it because he wanted his name or something on it.... That stadium is the worst out of any i've ever seen!

There is a very nice stadium right up Rte 711 owned by the school district. But that would mean admitting what a mistake they made when they closed LV instead of Liggy.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

There's plenty of local stadiums that don't have very good parking situations, even some of the bigger ones.

But as far as Ligonier's field goes, it just isn't very nice. Small seating, small press box, bad parking. If they added some sort of seating on the other side, it would make all the difference in the world. I've been to 3-4 games there throughout the years, and the one that stood out was the LIgonier-Central playoff game. I was basically standing on the Central sideline for that one.
Wildcat17
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wildcat17 »

You would think that a school that charges out the wazoo for admission could at least have decent seating and parking. I paid $18 ($5 per adult and $4 per student) last year to watch my son play a basketball game there. Also the LARGE emblem on their field looks nice but actually is just paint that covers up the mud between the 40 yard lines! Embarrassing facility for a AA program that thinks they do no wrong.