D6 AA Playoffs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 AA Playoffs

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

TAHS92Alum wrote:
Mount Union is VERY talented but I don't think they are disciplined enough to win districts. Plus they have been showing signs of being human the past few weeks. Those kind of mistake will sink them against Central or Tyrone
I wouldn't even say discipline. I would say ball security. Will be a interesting scene week two in Mt Union against Central.

I think the Forest Hills/Tyrone winner will cruise week two going into the final.

I think if MU-Central meet in Round 2, Central beats them by 2 TDs. MU was red hot at the beginning of the season but they seem to be running out of steam. Turnovers are killing them and against a solid team like Central or Tyrone it will cost them
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
House
Freshman
Freshman

Post by House »

MU has been prone to turn the ball over, but they are even more adept at taking the ball away. They seem to have one or two big plays each game that just completely change the tide of the game. Opponents have hard a very tough time throwing the ball against them as their secondary has combined for 19 INTs this season. Just throwing it out there that their turnover margin is very good!
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

I'm figuring it's almost a sure bet that MU/Central will meet in the semis. MU does get sloppy. However, the longer the game goes, the better they seem to play. Last week they didn't turn the ball over and took care of ball security. I know it was against Penns Valley, but it was a positive sign.

As for the bottom of the bracket, it all comes down to Forest Hills and Tyrone. Winner will go to the finals. If Tyrone can eliminate the explosive plays, I'm guessing they'll take control of the game. If you are a superstitious person, I believe that Forest Hills has traded wins and losses all season. They won, then lost, won, then lost, etc. If the pattern continues, they should win! Hey if you're a Rangers fan you need to use all the mojo you can find!
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

As for the bottom of the bracket, it all comes down to Forest Hills and Tyrone. Winner will go to the finals. If Tyrone can eliminate the explosive plays, I'm guessing they'll take control of the game. If you are a superstitious person, I believe that Forest Hills has traded wins and losses all season. They won, then lost, won, then lost, etc. If the pattern continues, they should win! Hey if you're a Rangers fan you need to use all the mojo you can find!
The Don's are going to Tyrone this time and it's going to be a repeat of the last 20 years. Both teams are going to try and run the football and throw just enough to keep the defense honest. This game comes down to who wins in the trenches. Bailey's not the only one with playoff experience. I'll give the coaching advantage to young Wilson and his gold medal staff.

The Rangers are coming off a loss in a must win game. Tyrone won their must win game impressively over an opponent with an equal record. The score could have been worse. Ridge was a power house run team that was held to 3 yards on the ground. Yes 3 yards. I say Tyrone wins the battle in the trenches this week. Mauls the Juniata Huntingdon winner to setup a date in the final with the Dragons for part II of this intense rivalry game.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

How early will you have to get to Tyrone for a seat?
You never have to worry about getting a seat in Tyrone. Grey Field has the largest seating capacity for a AA school in this area. Besides that many of the locals prefer to line the end zone fences rather than taking a seat
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Yeah, it's not like the 90's when winning was appreciated and the place was packed every week. Now people don't show up like that unless it's a big game.... Playoffs should get a good crowd but we don't fill both sides with Tyrone folks anymore.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Is this a Tyrone trick to bet all of the other fans to show up late
I have always thought that there is nothing like a playoff game at Tyrone
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

D6 AA Playoffs

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I know there are a handful of folks from the Cove heading to Tyrone Friday night. Just appreciate a good high school football game!
You play to win the game!!!
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

youngbuck wrote:Is this a Tyrone trick to bet all of the other fans to show up late
Haha, no trick. It's going to be good. Not like you'll hear crickets at any point . I just pointed out its not like it was 15 years ago. I mean, the 96 game vs Mt Carmel set an attendance record. Then the 99 game in Hershey broke the record for attendance for any classification . ..... Tyrone/BA at mansion Park in 2000 filled it. The combined population of Tyrone and Bellwood doesn't fill the home side at Mansion. We still get a great crowd, just not what it was.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Looking forward to Friday night should be a good game. I think at this point I am heading to Bellwood on Saturday Night.
Is this a Tyrone trick to bet all of the other fans to show up late
Youngbuck, a lot of Tyrone fans are spoiled. They don't get excited about a first round game. The parents and loyalist will be out in abundance but the average fan will show up the following week, if we win. When its not raining.

Oh yea, this is a grass field. Get ready for some dirty sloppy football on Friday night. It looked good last night for the powder puff game, but take 2 days of rain and some heavy boys. It should churn up and be a real mud bowl. Don't think will be about team speed, this is looking like a smash mouth game. Best ball security wins.
-BIRDS OF PREY-