D6 AA Playoffs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: D6 AA Playoffs

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

2005 Bishop McCort in OT, what a game and atmosphere. Those were two big boy AA teams right there.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

As luck would have it, here is the full game tape from the 2005 McCort-Tyrone game.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

TAHS92Alum wrote:I remember that game well. If they didn't water it, god does strange things in Sidman because only our side of the field was a mud bowl.
Thanks for the chuckles. Back then, FH was having drainage issues with storm runoff -and-sewage issues with the field. Our guys would practice and play on it, and say their uni's smelled like sewage. When it was re-sodded a few years back, that issue was supposedly addressed. St. Michael VFD and Adams Twp. VFD have to practice their arts somewhere.
It ain't over until it's over.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

TAHS92Alum wrote:That was the last lost. However the two you listed were Semi Final rounds
Triggered some questions:
1) Has Tyrone ever lost a Home Playoff game in the Quarterfinal (1st) Round?

2) I believe I read/heard somewhere that MU's 1st Round loss last year was their 1st-ever Home Playoff game, is that correct?

3) And, Central lost at Home in the 1st Round, 2 years ago. Is that the only time that has happened?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I can't imagine Central has had many home playoff games, they weren't very good before 2008.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

They were pretty good in 96&97 with Bridenbaugh
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

D6 AA Playoffs

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Central won 6AAA champ in 90 over Huntingdon and then lost the champ game in both 94 and 96 to Lock Haven. Won AA in 2008 and 2013.

One thing I wish we had was better access to our history...playoffs, records, stats, etc.
You play to win the game!!!
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

223113 wrote:
TAHS92Alum wrote:That was the last lost. However the two you listed were Semi Final rounds
Triggered some questions:
1) Has Tyrone ever lost a Home Playoff game in the Quarterfinal (1st) Round?

2) I believe I read/heard somewhere that MU's 1st Round loss last year was their 1st-ever Home Playoff game, is that correct?

3) And, Central lost at Home in the 1st Round, 2 years ago. Is that the only time that has happened?
2) That was MU's only home playoff game last year. Playoff appearances have been few and far between. I can't remember the years, but they lost in (A) to McCort….(2009 in the first round when they had the state final run, I think). They also lost to Portage in the first round. (I believe 2008) Other than that, their last playoff appearances were back in 1992, 93, and 95. In 1992 against Forest Hills was their best chance of winning. Leading the entire game, they gave up a score at the end of the game to lose 26-21. They lost the next year again to Forest Hills in a blowout.
trojan11
Freshman
Freshman

Post by trojan11 »

Central lost at home in the first round in '97 to Indian Valley.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Mount Union has only ever played one home playoff game in school history. They've never won a AA playoff game or home playoff game. 2-6 All-Time in the playoffs.

1989: Lost to Westmont-Hilltop in AA Semi-Finals (Hollidaysburg)
1992: Lost to Forest Hills in AA Finals (Mansion Park)
1993: Lost to Forest Hills in AA Finals (Mansion Park)
2008: Beat Blairsville in A First Round (Blairsville)
2008: Lost to Portage in A Quarter-Finals (Portage)
2009: Beat Moshannon Valley in A First Round (Houtzdale)
2009: Lost to Bishop McCort in A Quarter-Finals (Johnstown)
2013: Lost to Forest Hills in AA First Round (Mount Union)