Friday: 1 vs 8 and 2 vs 7
Saturday: 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5
You play to win the game!!!
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: D6 AA Playoffs

Post by jayjay6218 »

Looking at some interesting match ups week one, and some even more interesting ones week 2.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

I'm guessing Friday's games will both be lopsided.

Saturday, I'm thinking Huntingdon will give Juniata a very good game. (If Juniata is supposed to host the game, do they have a field? I heard they were playing all their games away because of construction at the school and football field)

I think Forest Hills will give Tyrone a better than expected game. I believe Tyrone will end up on top of that one and march on to Mansion Park the next week with a relatively easy win against Juniata or Huntingdon!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah I think Tyrone and FH make for an interesting matchup. FH has some playmakers but Tyrone is so good in the trenches. I may have to make a trip to Tyrone Friday night!!! EagleAlum you'll save me a seat right???
rox5488
Freshman
Freshman

Post by rox5488 »

I'll agree that Tyrone FH should make for a good game.

However.... I don't believe, from the games I have seen this year, that FH will win.

FH seems to have a problem finishing games strong... We saw that against Johnstown and Bedford. (not that they didn't play hard, they just let the lead get away from them when they needed to get some big plays/stops etc)

The Bedford game was so sloppy on both sides of the ball for both teams. If they are going to give Tyrone a run they need to obviously limit the turnovers. They have a good off tackle run game with speed, and will need it to be strong against Tyrone.

Obviously an X factor will be Donoghue, all purpose great athelete. Took most of the snaps in the bedford game at QB although the passing game was limited. 3 step drop short stuff.

All that said thats why the play the game and of the games this coming week it does look to be one of the better ones on paper!
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Yeah I think Tyrone and FH make for an interesting matchup. FH has some playmakers but Tyrone is so good in the trenches. I may have to make a trip to Tyrone Friday night!!! EagleAlum you'll save me a seat right???
I'd be happy to, but I'll be arriving at gametime. Work til 7 Friday , but I'll make it
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

How early will you have to get to Tyrone for a seat?
Who knows anything about juniata? They seem to be a wild card that is not talked about on here much
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

Well if you want to make the tailgates then around 4pm. lol
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah I work til 5 so it will be pushing game time until I get to Tyrone. I'll be the guy in red looking for a seat!!!
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

If I get too ripe at work , they'll probably make me sit with Manfred
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein