Bellwood-Antis @ Bishop Guilfoyle Official Game Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
MrReliable
Sophomore
Sophomore

Bellwood-Antis @ Bishop Guilfoyle Official Game Thread

Post by MrReliable »

Post discussion topics, predictions, etc. on this thread!
PLDragons24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bellwood-Antis @ Bishop Guilfoyle Official Game Thread

Post by PLDragons24 »

Bellwood just doesn't have the weapons to move the ball on a great BG defense. BG wins big 49 to 7
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yeah I have a hard time seeing Bellwood winning this game, BUT I won't be shocked if John Hayes and company figures out a way to scare the heck out of BG and give them their closest game of the year.
NeutralGuy
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by NeutralGuy »

Yeah I have a hard time seeing Bellwood winning this game, BUT I won't be shocked if John Hayes and company figures out a way to scare the heck out of BG and give them their closest game of the year.

I could not agree more
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Bellwood will make them earn every yard. They usually don't give up the big plays. However, I just don't see how their offense will be able to stay on the field and extend drives. Eventually their defense will wear out and BG will begin to score points.

Only thing that can help Bellwood is a large differential in turnovers in their favor!

BG 34-0!
grasshopper
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by grasshopper »

Well the projected winner is easy.
The final numbers will be what Coach Wheeler wants it to be. Does he want to rub Bellwood's face in the
turf or not. Going by scores this year you almost have to go with 40+ for BG and B-A maybe, a big MAYBE
scoring.

Now a question to the PIAA and Bleacher readers.
With BG projected to win this week and projected according to the Altoona Mirror to win next week shouldn't
the D-6 Championship game and the game with D-3 be moved to a neutral field like Hollidaysburg?
Just a question for discussion.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

The District Championship should still be played at Mansion Park, but I do think the State playoff game should be moved to Hollidaysburg or State College.

You wouldn't move the Rose Bowl because UCLA is in it, or you wouldn't move the Super Bowl if the Cardinals make it this year. It just is what it is. Mansion Park is the nicest and biggest facility in the area, and I think kids strive to play there for a championship game and it is a special venue.
WhiteOwl
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by WhiteOwl »

Like many other sports enthusiasts, I'm tired of the Bishops and the private schools. The methodology used to classify them is a joke....BG wins this game with Bellwod and will represent the East in the State Championship game..they will lose to the Western champion....most likely North Cathloic. BG has the luxury to draw from a large city (Altoona) much larger area than Bishop Carroll....does BG have a player on the roster from Johnstown??? How could that be? Interesting isn't it? BG should be Quard A, same as Altoona, McCort, AAA, same as Johnstown, and BC, AA, same as Central Cambria....Any title BG wins will be a shallow win in my books..... Public vs. Public , Private vs. Private or change the methodology.... When a public school gets a player from another school they must use that schools entire enrollment (boys top 3 grades) for there classification..... Go Bellwood!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Bishop Guilfoyle doesn't have a kid from Johnstown. Relax.

This time of year really brings them out from everywhere.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Furthermore, if you guys want to talk about how evil Catholic schools are, or how you hate the Private school Public school integration of athletics, that's fine but START A NEW THREAD. I'm not going to censor your ideas, thoughts, comments about Private-Public School debate. I think it's a healthy discussion and worthy of being discussed.

BUT these threads that have been starting up about each individual games are great, and I don't want to ruin them. I would prefer these threads to be about the actual game, predictions about the game, injury notes, anything that pertains to the two football teams playing on a football field Friday night.

Just try to stay on topic with these threads, that's all I ask. I think actually talking sports will help the site. If the site goes back to the same argument thread after thread, it really drives people away and becomes repetitive.