Central at Mount Union Game Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Central at Mount Union Game Thread

Post by HSD6FAN »

MU did make a statement tonight. They played a whole game offensively and defensively. Enjoy the win this week, and prepare to play again next week. New opponent, new game plan. I hope to see another strong start and limited turnovers
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Central at Mount Union Game Thread

Post by DragonsDoExist »

All the credit in the world to Mount Union. They came to play tonight and didn't look anything like the team I saw vs Tussey or even last week vs Southern. They didn't turn the ball over and Central turned it over at least 5 times. And those turnovers turned into 6 points real quick. Loner is the real deal and Walker was very impressive tonight. MU played flawlessly tonight and it showed. Congrats to the Trojans!
You play to win the game!!!
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

Well said! They do not know how to win with class. They'll be back to mediocre next year.

Either way Central and MU both live and die by the big play. MU made them and Central did not. If Tyrone beats huntingdon they are a completely different monster, just ask the D5AA Champ CR, or a very talented FH team. They do not give up the big play, they have a stifling defense and a rushing attack that couldn't be stopped with 10 men in the box. Tyrone will pass when they wish, not because they have to, like central, and run a ground and pound offense until MU is warn out. That's how they have won, and that's the formula you use to beat a very talented MU team.
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

You guys still have a hard time giving credit where due. Mu blew central away tonight. Guys posted how good the line was. How good the run game was. Well apparently central didn't know they had all of that because it didn't show. Mu shut them down. IF mu plays tyrone like they did tonight they will take that game by at least 2-3 touchdowns.
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

[quote="jayjay6218"]Well said! They do not know how to win with class. They'll be back to mediocre next year.

How do you justify this statement? How many personal fouls did mu have? how many did central have?
Mu had no one ejected. Did central?

no one has had anything for loner yet. I don't see tyrone stopping him either.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

primetime21 wrote:come on now seriously? 4 ints.. 61 points!!! oh my god.. i would hate the be a person who chose central in this one.. sorry about the all conference reciecers, and that high powered offense.. I'm mind blown.. i will let all of central know what time our game will be on tv.. i hope you guys enjoy it from home.. see you guys in altoona! god bless, and never ever pick against us again
Might have been referring to this...
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

I was certainly referring to the above statement. Therefore it was justified.

Once again act like you've been there.... Oh wait... Well this is akward... Haha
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

I'm sure most of the MU players acted appropriately but posts like that are why players shouldn't be posting on here. It makes your whole team look bad when you post something like that. Players should just worry about playing and let the old folks discuss opinions and predictions on here. MU deserves credit for winning tonight and there was no doubt about it. People may still pick against you but other teams have earned respect and a reputation that has been built by years and years of winning like Tyrone. If people pick Tyrone don't take it as a disrespect it's just one person's opinion and you will have a chance to prove yourself again next weekend on the field.
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

Well said lhac.
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

Stater, unless you were on the field to hear it, that's one mighty accusation you're making about a specific kid. Not saying what Central players were or weren't doing, but to name a specific player with something like that on a public board, that's a bold statement to make from hearsay.