Central at Mount Union Game Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Central at Mount Union Game Thread

Post by lhacbigfan »

This is a matchup a lot of people have been wanting to see. Will MU keep their undefeated season alive? Or will the young Dragons go in and hand them their first loss? This looks like the game of the week in the D6 playoffs this week.
spikes
Junior
Junior

Re: Central at Mount Union Game Thread

Post by spikes »

I think if MU can control the fumbles they win by 2 touchdowns. They eliminated it against penns valley but had 5 loose balls against southern with 2 lost. One on the 4 yrd line and one on the 20. Hopefully the banged up will be 100% also.
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

Mount Union got off to a HOT start at the beginning of the season and in my oppinion peaked mid-season. I have noticed as of late the Trojans seem to be running out of gas and the margins for victory keeps getting closer and closer. They should of lost to Tussey Mountain and were tied with Southern Huntingdon at halftime last week. I think that coaching and discipline is the key in this game. And I believe that the turnover issue that Mount Union has had all season will finally catch up with them. Central is a good football team, they will capitalize on Mount Unions mistakes and win this game.
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I agree Raven. Good football teams don't turn the ball over in the playoffs. On Friday night, it you take away the turn over Forest Hills and Tyrone is a much closer game. So. Huntingdon had it tied at half, and they are a middle of the road team. Ball security...Ball security....Ball security
-BIRDS OF PREY-
primetime21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by primetime21 »

If we're talking about what should have happened Raven, then Central also should have lost. PC was on their own goal line and did not score and they were up a td. Mount Union won by 20, and central won by 7. They're lucky to be playing against Mount Union this Friday. But MU does have to limit the turnovers, and if they do that Mount Union will win by 2 tds.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Beating the 5 seed by 7 is about right for a 4 seed. Beating the 8 seed as a 1 seed by 20 is OK. Especially if they beat that same team by 50 earlier in the year.

I think Mt Union has an advantage playing at home, but I do like Central. I think they have a better defense than MU is used to seeing. But in any case, Central has enough play-makers to trade punches with MU also. Should be a good football game.
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

I have just noticed all season long Mount Union has the talent and SPEED to hang with ANYONE but the discipline has been an issue with ball security and once you start making it deep into playoffs if you make those kind of mistakes it WILL end up costing you. Central and Tyrone don't have the SPEED that Mount Union does but both teams are more disciplined and better coached. If the Trojans want to win districts they NEED to cut down on the turnovers because against Central or Tyrone if you turn the ball over, you LOSE!
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
primetime21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by primetime21 »

it should be a great game and I am looking forward to watching this one
Stater32
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Stater32 »

I'm also looking forward to this one. One matchup that is interesting is Central passing game vs one of D6 top secondary's. Central struggles to move the ball without long throws, and that plays well for the Trojans. I do feel like Central an MU are identical teams only I would give an advantage to MU because their play makers are better. I also look for Central's tackling. Them 5-6 yard gains start to become 15-20 late in games if you can't tackle. Overall going to be a good ball game, I think MU keeps it clean. Give me MU by 14
rox5488
Freshman
Freshman

Post by rox5488 »

I have seen both teams play this year.

If we go on the assumtion that turnovers will not be part of the game then MU by 2 or 3 scores.

Of course how many high school games don't have turnovers...

That said I think MU will still win this game. Central is not quite as good as in years past (youthful team).

MU Is slightly better than they were last year. And again. having seen them both I think MU has the right keys on defense to stop Central.

I don't think either team played up to their potential this past week either.

Like the rest should be a really good game. probably better than the HUNT/TYRONE for sure.