Hypothetically?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Hypothetically?

Post by youngbuck »

sorry your team took one on the chin and you are mad, write a letter to the PIAA
Clariton, Rochester, Southern columbia , Steelton Highspire never seemed to have any problems with beating the private schools
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Altoona is in the WPIAL, not D6. But BG couldn't and shouldn't be able to beat them. Altoona has 900 boys to BG's 118. Depth and size would just win Altoona the game. BG would have too many kids playing both ways, and would get worn out very quickly. It would be the same story if they played State College.

BG would beat Central Mountain though, possibly even Dubois and Mifflin County.

Bellwood didn't have a problem when they beat McCort by 50 the other year, they just lost to a better team this year. That's all.
Suckerfish
Junior
Junior

Post by Suckerfish »

My team did not take one on the chin? Thanks for the advice as well, maybe I'll dust off the old type writer later today. You asked a hypothetical question but left out the AAAA level? No need to be so angry. I have no problem with private schools but think the school should at least be playing at that level they are pulling from if PIAA makes everyone else do the same?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The PIAA does not make other schools play at the level the "pull from" rather they make them play at the level of their enrollment. If 150 kids in the city of Johnstown attend McCort, Johnstown doesn't get docked for those 150 kids. They go off the kids that physically attend the school, not that live in the district.
Suckerfish
Junior
Junior

Post by Suckerfish »

You are correct crimson, but in many cases schools would bump up a classification and in this case possibly 3. As mentioned in my previous posts there appears to be a discrepancy. I just wanted to make sure the AAAA level was not left out of this hypothetical question.
grasshopper
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by grasshopper »

Enrollment.

I think the schools must register with the PIAA every two years with their girls and boys enrollment.

If you live in a district but yet are enrolled with a private school the private school is charged, not the
public school within the immediate district.

Also you can play up in classification but cannot drop down. Some schools speculate on their chances
of winning districts so they therefore do bounce around.

As far as BG beating X,Y or Z just face it sport fans they are a very exceptional team this year. Their 12-0
and well deserving of it. They have "the horses" to possibly go to Hershey.
So lets all group together and root for the home team.
Its only high school sports, look at the problems throughout the world and in this country.
Enjoy what you have now, go out and root on your local teams. No need for this constant bickering.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

I would agree about the BG team this year. They are not a perennial powerhouse every year. They just have an exceptional team this year.
d6footballfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by d6footballfan »

Its a total guess and nonsense to suggest that BG would easily win AA, or AAAA or beat Altoona. AAA is weak in D6 this year, like many other years. I said in previous posts Loner is the best player in any class in D6, and an MU / BG matchup would be a fantastic game, although we wont get to see a game like that.

pure speculation, but thats whats great about HS football
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

For enrollment, the private and charter schools only count the number of students attending their school.

It is calculated every other year. (I believe they count male students that are in 9-11 grade. For girls' sports, the same.) It you are a public school and have a co-op agreement with another school, you must claim 50% of the other school's enrollment for that period of time.

Just for example, that is why Southern Huntingdon is playing in the AA field. They have a co-op agreement with Forbes Road in football since they don't have a football team. They had to claim 50% of Forbes' male enrollment. They put their numbers over the cut line (I think it was 174 or 175 for AA).

I agree that the private / charter schools have loopholes to work in that public schools don't, but this is usually not a football issue that creates perennial powerhouses. The biggest problem concerning the private / charters schools is in regards to basketball.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

So hypothetically Portage is the Cambria County Champion this year.... let's see who gets the joke and who just rips me apart for this comment Ha Ha