Portage vs. Bishop Guilfoyle D6 A Championship Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Portage vs. Bishop Guilfoyle D6 A Championship Thread

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Hat/tip to youngbuck for starting one too, but this topic should gain a healthy discussion....at least I imagine it will.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Portage vs. Bishop Guilfoyle D6 A Championship Thread

Post by kmr »

No discussion needed 42-0 at halftime
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

I deleted mine when I saw yours
No Coach Gouse per page 12 PIAA rules
--- any coach ejected is unable to coach in the next contest day which would be the Friday night game
so add to the drama
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

BG will have their 9th graders in by the end of the third quarter. Gary Gouse will be parked outside in a large van with a D6A Public School Champions Banner (with this year and the year they played BM and got blown out of the water). He will lead their parade through portage in his underwear and a superman cape (only) while riding a mustang side saddle that he tamed with his playoff beard while pulling the Public School Champions Banner.

That's definitley how it will go. Haha
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Unless they miraculously injure another starter of the team they are facing bg in a runaway
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I just have a feeling the Portage kids may psych themselves out because let's be honest about a few things.I'm not calling anyone out, I'm just calling it how it will go.

1. Portage fans and town will be talking all week about playing a Catholic school, and that could get into the kids' heads.
2. Portage community will complain about playing on BG's home field, another distraction.
3. Portage kids will be without their head coach, yet another distraction
4. Take away all that, and just focusing on football, playing Guilfoyle is enough to worry about.

I just hope for the sake of the game, the Portage kids can just focus on football.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Hopefully they do have them out early so there is no ankle twisting
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

100% agree with Crimson there!
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

This one is going to be a blasting of memorable proportions.
Last edited by WPIAL~Titan on November 15th, 2014, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Portage can hang this on their bulletin boards for motivation, they can cry from the rooftops about being the best District 6A public school football team, write letters to the PIAA, play with or without their head coach (or even have Vince Lombardi or Bill Parcells coach them up), and bring in a crew to script a movie called "Mustangs" (a Hoosiers sequel)...

Not a single thing, not a shred of it will make One. Single. Bit. Of. Difference.

BG steamrolled their way through a gamut of AA and AAA teams. Nothing Portage has faced will prepare them for the purple and gold tsunami known as BG.

IMHO, BG beats an ALL STAR TEAM from the WeakPac by 3-4 TDs, let alone just Portage. Portage could play 12 guys on offense and defense, and they still lose 50-ish to 7-ish. Maybe worse, depending on how soon BG takes their foot off the gas.

Leave the women and children at home for this one. BG could score 70+ if they want, but they won't.
Last edited by WPIAL~Titan on November 15th, 2014, 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown