Re: Neutral Fields for second rounds

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think that plays a role too.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

The advantage of being the higher seed is that you get to play at home. You earn that right by playing well in the regular season. I would guess that attendance is better by playing at the higher seed's home field. Some fans would not like to travel for a semi-final game. Plus, the home team should have more fans. That is also an advantage of being a higher seed.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Anyone know how the money works out
does the hosting school get all the gate revenue or does the PIAA or the district get a cut
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

youngbuck wrote:Anyone know how the money works out
does the hosting school get all the gate revenue or does the PIAA or the district get a cut

I know that the school gets $1 for every ticket sold at the school for pre-sale tickets. Any ticket sold at the gate all goes to D6.

After all of the games are played, I believe that money is then split among member schools (after all payments are made to game workers, officials, and the host venue). I really don't know how those percentages break down. However, if you want to help your school out, buy the pre-sale tickets during the week.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Doesn't IUP have turf?
PLDragons24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PLDragons24 »

IUP already quit letting indiana county use their track for big meets a few years ago, I extremely doubt they would let anyone use their field.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I don't see what the fuss is about. I'm not a fan of turf for one. However these teams play the season for the benefit of having home football games. The field is the same for both teams. If you remember back they went from the turf at Mansion Park to the grass at Hershey Park for the final.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

The old mansion park AstroTurf is s far cry from what they use now. The synthetic field turf is pretty nice.

I recall the state championships the one year were a disaster with grass and there was field turf installed for the following year
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

The turf at Hershey now is a joke too... It's no better than the old crap that's still on Franklin Field (yea I'm old).
IMO all d6 games should be played at. Mansion Park Tiger Stadium or Gray Field( since we are a suburb)
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

What do you mean all D6 games?