I'm sick due to what happened w/ .22 left

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I'm sick due to what happened w/ .22 left

Post by animus »

Bishop Guilfoyle was due a proper handshake today and they didn't get one. They were the better team and won. It really saddens me when the entire Clairton team, and town, is deemed classless/thugs due to the actions of two players. Those players will be punished by the Clairton administration and will likely never play in any organized activities again. It just sucks that an entire season is diminished due to actions w/ practically no time left in the game.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: I'm sick due to what happened w/ .22 left

Post by billmurray »

if only it was just to players...coaches, more than two players involved...the language being shouted at BG and refs....disgusting.....
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

The coaches????? Did you see Coach Debaldo pull Gibson from that mess? If it wasn't for the Clairton coaches this would've been a far bigger fiasco than it already was.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

are you there????? I AM....sorry buck, it was awful across the board...locker room trashed....and yes, many of the Clairton coaches were screaming and threatening BG from across the field, they were cursing at the PIAA officials and refs...Coach Wade was acting like a ******* baby and even came over and dragged his players away when they were trying to be courteous.. said he wouldn't shake my or anyones hands cause "they weren't allowed" so his players aint doin that either....again, I was on the field for this..it was sickening
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

I have only read on here and in the papers about what transpired at the end of the Clairton / BG game. However, I saw this quote in the Pittsburgh Tribune given by Lamont Wade after the loss.

“Whatever happens, regardless of the situation, I want to be remembered as a young man with class,” Wade said. “That's what I'm about. You have to give respect to earn respect.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/ ... z3LkkVUojO
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

I'm hoping that the Clairton community and coaches let this athlete become a leader in the future. It's even more amazing that Wade had the decency to go over and congratulate BG even after several players and coaches acted foolishly. Even the coach was quoted as calling his players "clowns" and "idiots". What makes this even more impressive is that Lamont Wade is only 15 years old! (stated in the article)

I'm glad that the media recognized the good in a situation, instead of all of the bad things. There are good kids out there that go unnoticed because the media can sell more stories when it's negative and can add fuel to a fire!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

honestly majority of the team looked like they were trying to pick a fight and i feel the program should be held accountable. I don't think PIAA has the guts to punish them correctly but i truly hope the WPIAL can see how they reflected on their league and they ban them from post season play for at least a year.
Destro
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Destro »

Emotions boil over at end of Class A title game
“If Clairton takes the action we feel is appropriate, then it will be done,” said Lombardi. “If not, then we will take action. … First of all, they violated the sideline rule and they threw helmets into standing players. They’re going to have to answer for those actions. Those types of actions are not to be tolerated. They may have to answer in front of our board of directors.”

Lombardi did not let teams shake hands after the game, fearing another incident might break out. About 20 minutes after the game, when the field was cleared, Lombardi approached Wade in order to introduce himself and inform him that the PIAA would request a report of the incident from the school. Wade told Lombardi he didn’t want to speak with him and eventually turned his back on Lombardi.
Wow...
aSportsfan22
Freshman
Freshman

Post by aSportsfan22 »

If have never seen such a classless display of sportsmanship... It was clear that the Clairton sideline, including coaches, couldn't handle the fact that the game was out of their hands and effectively over. So they threw a temper tantrum and helmets and curses toward the winning team. The entire sideline charged the field like a bunch of thugs. There were Clairton kids laying in the middle of the field crying when there was still 25 seconds left before the refs called the game.. Then they trashed the locker room. Total meltdown. Total lack of composure. Total lack of class from the "mighty" Clairton Bears, 2014 PIAA class A runner-up.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The sideline went over to stop the 2-3 individuals picking the fight.

A lot of the Clairton players, not just LaMont, went over and shook their hands.
RamblerRage
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RamblerRage »

What happened at the end of the game was uncalled for, indefensible, and absolutely ridiculous! The actions of the Clairton team at the end was an absolute disgrace and no matter how you slice it it was an embarrassment to the WPIAL and Western PA football in general..

Have to say, if I was a BG player this morning, I'd be watching the tape of the last 22secs of that game over and over again and lmao at a bunch of thug losers acting like thug losers while enjoying the thrill of a state title that is all the sweeter because it was won with class by a bunch of class kids against the
'mighty' Clairton Bears who in the end were nothing but a bunch of chumps and proved it by their actions!

Congrats to Bishop Guilfoyle for pulling off one of the greatest upsets in HS sports history! District 5 and District 6 are all proud of you guys and the manner you handled yourselves on the field and after the game.

And to Clairton, you just CHEAPENED what to that point was one of the greatest HS football seasons of all time not by losing the state title, but by acting like a bunch of fools at the end of a hard fought championship game and THAT is how the 2014 Clairton Bears will be remembered. Not as the highest scoring team in PA football history and second all time nationally but as a bunch of crybabies with NO CLASS..

True champions win with class and lose with class Clairton did neither yesterday...

GO BG!!!! GREAT JOB GUYS!!! WEST CENTRAL PA IS PROUD OF YOU!!