multi sport recruits

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

multi sport recruits

Post by cleaverstuart »

I found this on twiter although I'm not an Ohio State fan I found it very interesting.
pahntr
Freshman
Freshman

Re: multi sport recruits

Post by pahntr »

I am neither an Ohio State nor Urban Meyer fan. I will acknowledge that he seems to be a great FB coach though. When I saw this post I recalled an article I read in Sports Illustrated years ago about Tim Tebow. The article said that Urban Meyer knew of Tebow's imperfections as a QB....throwing mechanics, reading coverage, etc. However, when Meyer went and saw Tebow play another sport (I think it was baseball) and witnessed how ultra competitive he was and how he made everyone else better around him, he knew he wanted him as a player in his program. Article said Meyer was unsure of offering him a scholarship until he saw him play another sport and that sealed the deal for him. We all know it was a pretty good choice for them both in regards to their success on the college FB field. I'd always take a well rounded, true "ATHLETE" any day.......
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

...with a solid, Christian background and family dynamic. A big Tebow fan here as well.
It ain't over until it's over.
Hush1
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Hush1 »

Manfred wrote:...with a solid, Christian background and family dynamic. A big Tebow fan here as well.
This.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

A lot of coaches recruit in this fashion. You can't teach athleticism at a clinic or academy.
PLDragons24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PLDragons24 »

244 of 256 players drafted in the NFL draft were multi sport athletes in high school.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

There is also a think called muscle memory. You can concentrate on one sport, but odds are you are using the same muscle groups over and over and get burnt out. I don't believe in these year around teams and camps. Get out and experience being a kid, get as much variety as you can. Your right you can't athleticism
-BIRDS OF PREY-