Bishop McCort

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop McCort

Post by crfball »

wilson12 wrote:Crimson Ghost, I hear that one of McCort player is questioning his Catholic Religion and is thinking about going back to Westmont or moving toward Altoona, any rumor about this?
By Altoona is he getting a catholic religion at BG now?
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

Barron is still the HC at Westmont and a teacher there, though I did hear he was wavering as to whether or not he would come back last yr., but he did.
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

Heard from someone in Johnstown that the mccort QB is trying to transfer to Guilfoyle
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

That would be an interesting decision. I don't know much about it, but that would be one to raise some eyebrows on all parties involved.

As for a purely football perspective, I think BG is probably fine without Cook. They have some good options to replace Chadbourn anyway. On McCort's side of things, Cook has been the starter for the past 1 and 1/2 seasons, and I think he has some ability and athleticism, it would be a blow to their season to not have him on the team...obviously.

We'll see what happens, I would chalk this one up as a bit of a "far-fetched" rumor as of now.
wilson12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wilson12 »

Crimson Ghost, that's what I hear, he doesn't want to go to McCort would like to go back to Westmont or leave and try BG or BC. The best bet for him is to go back Westmont, Westmont needs a qb, people around Westmont feel they could make big step forward with a qb like him.
wilson12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wilson12 »

Crimson Ghost, if he goes to BG, where how he play? Quarterback or would they move him into other position? Would this help BG next year or cause problems for BG football team?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I thought BM was a pipeline to Greensburg Central Catholic.
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

No one around Westmont talks about football nor are they thinking that Levi Cook is a program changing player.
BlueDevil12
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BlueDevil12 »

I believe he would change positions at BG due to the size the kid has. Although do not know who is replacing chadbourn but know they still have a good group of athletes in Altoona.
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

I guess I'll be eating my words here, apparently Ken Salem will be an assistant coach at Westmont this coming year.