top players list for WesternPAFootball.net 2016

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

top players list for WesternPAFootball.net 2016

Post by billmurray »

I really respect a lot of the knowledge here, and used it in my all star list last year. This year we're ramping up coverage even more to help the players find their way to teams after high school. We'll be doing a 100 players in 100 days list leading up to the season start date as well as top defensive and offensive players and players to watch. So if you could fire me your top players, positions, year and team I'd really appreciate it. They don't have to be D1 guys nor seniors, just guys that have potential to reach the next level OR just play big for their team. as a reminder, we cover districts 5,6,7,8,9 and 10. You can email your lists to [email protected] or post them here. They may not all make my 100 player list but they will make the watch list. Thanks in advance for all your help!
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: top players list for WesternPAFootball.net 2016

Post by billmurray »

west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by west33 »

Jake Heiple rb from Somerset has to be on this list. He was awesome last year.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

west33 wrote:Jake Heiple rb from Somerset has to be on this list. He was awesome last year.
how'd I miss that one??? fixed it
pahntr
Freshman
Freshman

Post by pahntr »

Conner Lazorka for Bedford is an above average HS FB player for this area. His stats as a WR last were 16 receptions for 385 yards and 2 TD's. Not all state numbers certainly, but bear in mind he is having to share the ball with some pretty solid other players in Bedford's offense. He made some nice catches in some big spots for Bedford last year. Also, as a CB on defense he had 35 total tackles, 3 TFL, and 3 int. on the season.

Again, he was not an all-state caliber player last year, but as a Junior he had a nice season and likely has the ability to play at the DIII level if he desires to do so.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

Another player that should get some consideration is Bryan Feather (WR/DB) from Chestnut Ridge. He will be a senior next fall and has been getting attention from some pretty decent D1 schools, mostly as a WR. He's big, 6'1, strong and fast. I have heard that he runs about a 4.5 40 and was told he got down in the 4.4's before. I don't know how reliable the times are, but the people I heard them from were reliable. And he's a pretty good CB also, I don't know what it takes to be considered a shutdown corner, but teams definitely know where he's at in the secondary.
Junior Year Stats:
17 carries for 82 yds
23 receptions for 432 yds ; 7 Receiving TD’s
54 tackles ( 24 Solo, 30 Assist); 1 INT
18 Kickoff Returns for 500 yds
2 Kickoffs returned for TD’s (99 yds and 80 yds)
1101 All Purpose Yards and 9 TD’s in 2014 Season
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

thanks guys..added Lazorka and Feather to the list. Don't be upset if some of the names everyone sees now gets trimmed. Haven't heard from many areas yet and I'm looking to get a nice, even representation of all the western districts. However, that doesn't mean they'll be permanently removed. I'm looking to start the release in late May. There will be another page added that those who go off the list end up on called "players to watch".
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Just a correction, Pannebaker will be a jr in 2015 not a senior, just may seem like it lol
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

got it, thanks
wpbc
Senior
Senior

Post by wpbc »

Brock Leazier OL/DL Somerset class of 2017 will be a 3 year starter for the Eagles as a junior.