Chestnut Ridge

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Chestnut Ridge

Post by footballfan1 »

I am going to post this in football forum. When was the last time a District V school won a football District Championship and wrestling and basketball in same school year? When was last time a District VI team accomplished this? I just think they are loaded with athletes right now and I heard the Middle School and Elem. levels are also looking really solid.

just curious on these questions.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Chestnut Ridge

Post by SportsFan96 »

Ridge has had an impressive run this year and I think in some sports they will still be on top next year (wrestling), but they are losing a very talented group of Senior athletes this year. I'm not expecting the football team to have the same success next year. They are losing a lot of Seniors who were 3 year starters and not a lot of underclassmen have much playing experience.
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

Are you trying to compare D5 to D6? Because other than wrestling CR would be pretty average in basketball and football had they played in D6 and wouldn't have won D6 in either of those two sports.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

False- CR would have competed well in D6AA football this past year. Tyrone won it and CR played ok against them. CR really could have beaten Central who most considered the top team for much of the year.

Basketball- D5 is no comparison to D6.
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

Lefteyelouie wrote:False- CR would have competed well in D6AA football this past year. Tyrone won it and CR played ok against them. CR really could have beaten Central who most considered the top team for much of the year.

Okay so they would have been above average in football and still lost...in a year they were "loaded with athletes"
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

False- CR would have competed well in D6AA football this past year. Tyrone won it and CR played ok against them. CR really could have beaten Central who most considered the top team for much of the year.

Okay so they would have been above average in football and still lost...in a year they were "loaded with athletes"

I guess if the definition of OK is losing by 2 TD's on your own field to a team running the same 10 plays then yea Ridge did OK. As far as the younger players being ready and "loaded" you cant tell that yet. Things change big time even between Jr High and Varsity for many many kids.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

TAHS92Alum wrote:

I guess if the definition of OK is losing by 2 TD's on your own field to a team running the same 10 plays then yea Ridge did OK. As far as the younger players being ready and "loaded" you cant tell that yet. Things change big time even between Jr High and Varsity for many many kids.
So other people notice the no adjustments too?
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

I am not trying to compare district V to district VI. I am just asking when was last time happened in district V or district VI.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

CR was also the runner up in District 5/6 AA soccer.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
pahntr
Freshman
Freshman

Post by pahntr »

I've noticed a very strong group of athletes at CR currently as well. I do not have this knowledge, but does anyone know if this could be the best collective group of athletes to ever go through CR at one time? I really have no history of the district to reference.