100 players in 100 days..starts today at 8

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

100 players in 100 days..starts today at 8

Post by billmurray »

westernpafootball.net and easternpafootball.com for those interested in the east...thanks for all your help guys! Much appreciated!
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 100 players in 100 days..starts today at 8

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Are you not leaving the players up on the site? Didn't see a link to yesterdays?
-BIRDS OF PREY-
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

yes, under "player info" click on 100 players: http://www.westernpafootball.net/catego ... -100-days/
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Thanks Bill. Look forward to watching the list.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I have to say at this point Bill, the most surprising part of the list so far has been the GPA's listed. Even if they are college football material, it may be interesting to see if some could score high enough on the SAT to get in. GPA's in the 2's make it interesting
-BIRDS OF PREY-
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

TAHS92Alum wrote:I have to say at this point Bill, the most surprising part of the list so far has been the GPA's listed. Even if they are college football material, it may be interesting to see if some could score high enough on the SAT to get in. GPA's in the 2's make it interesting
Funny you should mention that because I've had the grade discussion with a couple boys now. For some reason, some of these kids seem to think that as long as they are good athletes, then the schools will offer them anyway. I have talked with a couple kids and have stressed the importance of their grades and GPA's, especially since the NCAA changed the rules for the class of 2016 and beyond. It used to be that a 2.0 GPA could get you in and playing right away, but not now and especially for those boys who decided to not pay attention to grades during their freshman and sophomore years and now have an uphill battle.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I think as a coach looking for a perspective athlete, if you have a 2.0 guy and 3.0 guy with a little less skill you take the 3.0. The 2.0 guys make you question 1 their work ethic, 2 their ability to learn the system, and 3 their longevity in your program. Lets face it a student athlete needs to be a student first. When you get to college, you all of a sudden don't have more time to study. Hit the books guys.

SportFan - Hopefully the young men listen to you.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

yep....but their coaches want it out there so they can compare to other players listed...sort of a push I guess. There are some players I was going to list but their coaches say not this guy, grades..do this guy.
meatbag10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by meatbag10 »

...and then there's Jake Heiple and his 4.8 GPA. Not a bad combo of athletics, academics, and hard work. It's no wonder he's getting some big looks.
SportsLover61
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsLover61 »

Where is Heipel getting looks from?