Bishop Carroll's New Stadium

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop Carroll's New Stadium

Post by Manfred »

Some of the Ranger Nation used to do that, every year, and several classes & days, before the PIAA dictatorship moved it from the more central geographic center of the state, to the more politically-connected part of the state
It ain't over until it's over.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Yes I remember in 99 after we played Forest Hills I saw at least 3 or 4 people with Ranger stuff on every game to
Hershey.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

It's all about the lowest bidder.

IIRC, at least two of the years the PIAA football championships were played in Altoona, weather affected the games.

One of the years, Altoona got dumped with close to 2 feet of snow and the games were postponed a full week and were held around Dec 20 with 5 foot high piles of snow on the sidelines and behind the end zones.

Weather is a major problem in Altoona any time after Thsnksgiving.

IMHO, PIAA football championships shouldn't be played in mid-December, much less in Altoona.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

actually walked on field last weekend. 21 ft. from visitor out of bounds sideline minus 3 ft back so 18 ft. to new fence around field. home side no different maybe not as far back. if someone is running full speed look out lawsuit waiting to happen.. if you dont want to pay to get in stand outside visitor fence and talk to players as they lean up against it. press box is as big as Nells Olsons storage room (maybe 3 can fit)..7 rows of bleachers maybe from 35 to 35 yard line. bands?? where do you put both bands? no locker rooms. no rest room . a cheesy score board..ruts and horrible field conditions but there is a state of the art brick fence being built to enclose it...no parking/ no thought process put into it. let's just save money and not play at SFU. a black eye for the LHAC and PIAA. JOKE!!!!!!!
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

I could not agree more, hopefully LHAC or PIAA addresses especially the safety concern,
Somewhere Craig is laughing at this joke.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I couldn't agree more with the safety but it sounds like it is just as bad as forest hills' field and nothing has changed there
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CCDevil2012 wrote:I couldn't agree more with the safety but it sounds like it is just as bad as forest hills' field and nothing has changed there
I assume you refer to the field at the JR. HIGH, the old Triangle field. And couldn't agree more. But if you refer to the SR. HIGH STADIUM, you're an idiot. At least the visitors don't have to change in a tent inside a nice Div. 1-AA artificial turf stadium!
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

as for Hershey park stadium, for them holding state playoff games there, the locker room, at least on the visitor side, is completely inadequate. For even a team of 30 some kids, they put them in two small areas, instead of having one decent size dressing room. I would think that it could be renovated to at least make that part better. The surface was fine and obviously the seating is enough as well.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Manfred wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:I couldn't agree more with the safety but it sounds like it is just as bad as forest hills' field and nothing has changed there
I assume you refer to the field at the JR. HIGH, the old Triangle field. And couldn't agree more. But if you refer to the SR. HIGH STADIUM, you're an idiot. At least the visitors don't have to change in a tent inside a nice Div. 1-AA artificial turf stadium!
I'm not talking about facilities, I'm agreeing with the safety problem but comparing it to forest hills' stadium as in their bleachers are right off the field, Bedford visitors side is terrible too in that regard. The PIAA hasn't changed anything at these fields and won't at BC either. I wouldn't knock FH facilities at all, they are very nice, just have seen too many players injured due to the closeness of the bleachers and walkway.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CC, I apologize for the ##### remark. You have noted that the FH facility is going through some growing pains? Future plan is for the visitors' bleachers and light towers to be moved back 30-40 feet, when the new turf field is widened to accommodate soccer as well as football. At least that was the plan a couple months ago.