Bishop Carroll's New Stadium

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Guru
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Bishop Carroll's New Stadium

Post by Guru »

I drove past BC yesterday and either they have the best practice stadium in the county or they are planning on playing some games there very soon. The place looks beautiful! I give a lot of credit to Coach Ridgeley for pulling that off and saving BC thousands in the long run! Any insiders have the scoop on, if and when they plan on playing in the new stadium? Maybe the CC game scheduled for next week will move from SFU to the BC Stadium for the inaugural game at BC???

Let me know if you have heard anything...
"The Devil Is In The Details"
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop Carroll's New Stadium

Post by 12HankQB »

You were on 99, that was Beaver Stadium.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Wait, you aren't being sarcastic?
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Saw it today as well
What a joke.
Where re they going to park people
So what is capacity
What is the truth behind the saint Francis field
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Saint Francis raised the price, and I'm sure the ticket sales don't put a dent in the cost, I don't think many people go to their games.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Not familiar with bishop carrolls field. Speaking of a field I think needs upgraded a bit does anyone else think Hershey park stadium needs a upgrade. I get the attraction of going to Hershey and all but the stadium isn't that great. Maybe take a couple year break so they can update it a little. Maybe a new venue for a couple years would help out.
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:Not familiar with bishop carrolls field. Speaking of a field I think needs upgraded a bit does anyone else think Hershey park stadium needs a upgrade. I get the attraction of going to Hershey and all but the stadium isn't that great. Maybe take a couple year break so they can update it a little. Maybe a new venue for a couple years would help out.
I'm not sure about that. They are still getting major concerts to stop through there. The A-turf field was installed after the debacles of 01 and/or 02 with weather destroying the field for the AAAA title game.

What exactly don't you think is up to par? The bleacher seating is fine, and they don't need anymore based on crowds of recent years.

Now, if this was just a way to say you want the title games back in Altoona, I'm 100% on your side! I'd love to have that occur. Who knows with this six-class system, maybe we'll have split venues in the future and can get Mansion Park back in the mix.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

How about having the A, AA and AAA championships in Altoona and the 4-A, 5-A, 6-A championships remain in Hershey? That would line up more consistently with the demographics.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Hershey is fine, but they could probably replace the turf to a more modern artificial surface.

Outside of Hershey, it would be Altoona, there isn't really another good central location. Penn State just isn't going to happen.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Just seeing what other peoples opinion are. Yes I would like them back at mansion. They have more parking now since golds gym is no longer there might not have a much sitting but when have you seen Hershey stadium completely full. I mean fans don't travel like they do like back in the 90's at least it seems that way. I think a 5 year at Hershey 5 in Altoona would be nice. I kno a lot of folks that would get up and go to the games if they were back in Altoona regardless of who's playing. Upnorth I think that would be good.