Tyrone overrated.

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
bearcatfan12
Junior
Junior

Tyrone overrated.

Post by bearcatfan12 »

I'm back baby! And again I am talking about the golden eagles of tyrone. Now let me make this clear they are sub-par I guess. but they aren't as good as lets say the Central Dragons, or Clearfield, and that will be proven this week, when ryan lezzer shreds their suspect defense. I am tired of the same arguments by guys who are 57 years old and still on bleacher coaches saying they have 10 d6 titles, you all sound like steeler fans, so I don't wanna hear all of that. I am predicting a 36-14 blowout of Tyrone. P.S. I haven't been on because I was at a job interview for ESPN because they heard about me predicting the Central game, and to go back to that it was not pretty. I think if they play again Benton will throw for over 600 yards against them. holla at your boy
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Tyrone overrated.

Post by jayjay6218 »

Tyrone getting blown out on Friday is a very good possibility. They have been a little suspect this year and the blow-out loss to Central was a big one, it was also their first in 20 years or so, so I commend them on that as teams like Central or Huntingdon cannot say the same.

Tyrone and Forest Hills are the program that all programs in District 6 try to replicate and no matter what a team like Central does, they will always be compared to Tyrone or Forest Hills because they are the kings of D6. No other program(s) live up to the dynasties that they have created over the past 20+ years. Unlike your Steelers comments, both Tyrone and Forest Hills have won D6AA titles in the last few years, including Tyrone's "beat-down" of Mt. Union last year, a team which annihilated Central the week before. Central has a great team this year, but that does not impress me. Having a great program that is respected by the district that, is built off of hard work and tradition impresses me. Forest Hills impresses me, Tyrone impresses me, teams like Central and Huntingdon that have not been able to sustain their program and have success outside on the state level does not impress me.

Also please do not drag Clearfield down to Central's level. Clearfield is a great program with a storied tradition and a great coaching staff that has been successful and in place since the mid 80's. I respect them as they do not go out and tell other people about how good they are. They allow that to be done on the field.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Well didn't you predict a Bearcats victory over Tyrone? How'd that work junior. I'm not 57 by the way. Suspect defense only team that scored on the starting d more than once was Central not the teddy Bearcats that scored on the jv team. We might lose to Clearfield but it will be closer than the Huntingdon score. It's further in the season and we always play Clearfield close. By the way Benton didn't even shred us Hoenstine beat us Benton should of had 3 int. but we dropped them. Ur name should say Dragons fan cause they are all you talk about or put Tyrone down nothing about Huntingdon why's that ashamed of them?
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

Eagles12
Just for the record Huntingdon IS a storied program that has been down for a few years but if you do some research the Bearcats are 13th all time in wins and is one of only 3 teams from D6 with over 500 wins along with Hollidaysburg and Johnstown and they lead the way with 549 wins. Don't fool yourself it only takes a couple of classes in a row with few athletes for a program to slide quickly. The Bearcats will be back soon. PS don't lump all Bearcats with a forum chatterbox.     
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I know Huntingdon is a storied program. Didn't say they weren't but he doesn't talk about them just about how Tyrone is awful. I think you got an old list cause Tyrone has over 500 wins also. In the mid to late 90's there was no better game to go to than Huntingdon vs Tyrone. I just want him to tell me how Tyrone is so awful.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Please don't refer to this guy as a Dragon fan. Even as rivals we have more respect for Tyrone than that. I gave him his credit for the Central/Tyrone prediction but now he's just trying to rattle cage. A one or 2 loss "down" year ain't too shabby!
You play to win the game!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

jayjay6218 wrote: Also please do not drag Clearfield down to Central's level. Clearfield is a great program with a storied tradition and a great coaching staff that has been successful and in place since the mid 80's. I respect them as they do not go out and tell other people about how good they are. They allow that to be done on the field.
Dragging Clearfield down to Central's level??? Pretty sure he's talking about this season. And I beg to differ in regards to not telling people how good they are.
d6coach
Freshman
Freshman

Post by d6coach »

If you are gonna be on the forum showing no class at all please remove the Bearcat part of your name.  I really wish alot of people on this forum would just uit being such jerks. You dont represent your schools well when doing so.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Well said coach
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »