D6 AA Playoff Picture

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: D6 AA Playoff Picture

Post by jayjay6218 »

Ouch! That's pretty bad but Bellefonte is a team that is getting better every week.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Guru wrote:I wouldn't rest a kid... period.  HS players get 30 games and none are a guarantee. You play to win the game! FH is going to get smashed by Central with or without "rested" kids and Don wants to knock off Bedford!  You can bet your azz that Kevin Steele and his kids want an undefeated season as well. I look for both teams to start all of their very best kids and if the game is out of hand... then maybe pull a kid late in the 3rd quarter...
Steele is not Max Shoemaker and since District 5 has there own Playoffs the last several years , there is very little history between Don Bailey and Kevin Steele.   If FH beats Bedford, Central would be pretty concerned as Bedford is a better team than Central.   But I forgot you know all these guys personally so, you must know that they are going to ay everyone 
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I don't think its a forgone conclusion that Bedford would beat Central. I just saw them down early to Cambria Heights. The only difference between Bedford and the rest of the LHAC is they didn't have to play BG. Central has 1 loss to the eventual AAA champion Clearfield.
If they were scheduled to play tomorrow, I would take Central over Bedford.
Chestnut Ridge is bringing in a 6-3 Record against a banged up Tyrone Team this week that still has a ton of question marks. Any chance they can pull off the upset this week? I have seen Tyrone play but have not made it to a CR game this year. My high school football watching has been lack-luster at best this year.
Jayjay - I would say Tyrone is in the same position as a lot of team are this time of the year. Some nagging pains, and borderline plug and play types in and out of the line up. The horses are still on the field or they wouldn't be winning..... I had said at the beginning of the year that they were young and it would depend on how the young guys played. Well we are at week 10, and they are looking at the number 2 seed. I think they did well. It not a typical Tyrone powerhouse, but better than most.
Dragon and I discussed prior to the season a D6 Final. With a projected 1 and 2 in the bracket, I don't see anyone getting in the way to Mansion Park. Then I guess we will see how much the young guys grew up from the week 2 beating.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

Tyrone should have not trouble with Chestnut Ridge.  CR is a young team.  Most of the time they have 6 or 7 sophomores (one of which is their QB) and 1 freshman on the field.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I think Central and Tyrone have proven they are the two best teams in the field and will have a date at mansion park.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

Why you so down on Bedford, TAHS? You didn't buy the hype earlier in the year and predicted losses to Somerset and Johnstown. They handled both teams fairly easily. Not saying they don't have their issues with penalties/turnovers sometimes. Cambia Heights was Bedford's worst game and spotted them 2 TD's early on with turnovers in their own territory.

I think both a Central/Bedford or BG/Bedford matchup could go either way. Bedford's seniors on this team were sophomores and they beat BG two years ago. BG's studs on that team have graduated. I think all 3 teams are really good and fun to watch and each could beat the other on any given weekend.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

You said the reason I'm not on the Bedford bandwagon. Penalties and Turnovers will bite them I promise you. I see them the same as Mt Union a year ago. Lots of talent, little discipline. I hope they prove me wrong 

-BIRDS OF PREY-
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Is there a team anyone thinks can knock Central and Tyrone out of the anticipated rematch at mansion park.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

While Central and Tyrone are likely the favorites I'm never one to assume anything is a sure thing so....

Juniata is always a question mark because nobody sees them play and they have no common opponents. Is it just business as usual or do they have a legit team to contend with the big boys in D6 this year.

You will also find a lot more out about LV this week in the clash between current 1 and 2.

Forest Hills I do not believe is the 8th best team in the field and I've seen them come into Roaring Spring and knock off a favored Central team just 3 years ago.

Southern Huntingdon, Huntingdon and Mount Union are solid teams but I do not think any of the 3 would be much of a threat to Tyrone or Central.
You play to win the game!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

DragonsDoExist wrote:While Central and Tyrone are likely the favorites I'm never one to assume anything is a sure thing so....

Juniata is always a question mark because nobody sees them play and they have no common opponents. Is it just business as usual or do they have a legit team to contend with the big boys in D6 this year.

You will also find a lot more out about LV this week in the clash between current 1 and 2.

Forest Hills I do not believe is the 8th best team in the field and I've seen them come into Roaring Spring and knock off a favored Central team just 3 years ago.

Southern Huntingdon, Huntingdon and Mount Union are solid teams but I do not think any of the 3 would be much of a threat to Tyrone or Central.
I would like to see deja vu from 3 yrs. ago, but I just don't think it will happen.
It ain't over until it's over.