It is really nice that Berlin gets two bye weeks in the Playoffs.

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: It is really nice that Berlin gets two bye weeks in the Playoffs.

Post by peytonsaturday »

Birda wrote:Their average margin was 43 points. That it's any different from Guilfoyle and Penns Manor (who you called humble), and a touchdown closer than Clairton. 
When I reference Berlin's arrogance, I do not mean the coaches, or players.  They handle themselves with class (which I also said in another post).  I'm referring to the majority of their fans (again, which I clearly state).  
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

Birda wrote:Get over it. This isn't the NFL. There isn't week-to-week parity. Every year there will be teams that will streamroll over the competition and then suck the next year. It's not like they are a bigger school than the rest of the conference or district. They don't have any advantage personnel-wise like our more religious friends
Your "more religious friends" must have one heck of an advantage with their combined 16-24 record this season.  Last year they were a combined 21-24 and were 23-22 in 2013.  BG is 37-3 in that span, while the other three schools are a combined 23-67.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

You can't go by all 3 of them! They're rarely all good at the same time. First Carroll made it to the big show, then McCort, now it's Guilfoyle's time to shine
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Birda
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Birda »

Exactly. Jr. can't go to all three at the same time!
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

Birda wrote:Exactly.  Jr. can't go to all three at the same time!
I wasn't aware that the good players only congregated at one of the four schools at any given time.  Sounds complicated.  I guess we should expect Saint Joseph's to be contending for state titles in football soon since it will be "their turn".

You could combine the rosters from BM, BC and SJCA and still not have a squad talented enough to knock off a BG, Berlin, PM, Portage or MV.  Okay, maybe they could beat MV if Sherkel broke his ankle in the first quarter.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

How many kids on BG are from Johnstown, Ebensburg, Ligonier, Somerset and points in between?

Some of you need to tighten your chin straps
Birda
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Birda »

upnorth wrote:
Birda wrote:Exactly.  Jr. can't go to all three at the same time!
I wasn't aware that the good players only congregated at one of the four schools at any given time.  Sounds complicated.  I guess we should expect Saint Joseph's to be contending for state titles in football soon since it will be "their turn".

It's possible, they sure assembled a state champion cross country team pretty dang quick.

knowitall wrote:How many kids on BG are from Johnstown, Ebensburg, Ligonier, Somerset and points in between?

Some of you need to tighten your chin straps

Are you being purposefully dense? Last 17 years in D6A....10 titles and 5 runner-ups between the three. Yes, they just happen to breed the best athletes in the area completely on their own, in the orphanage attached to each one.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

Not likely.  Their XC/Track coach and his staff are excellent while the same cannot be said of the football staff.  Nothing personal against them.  They have actually done as well as could be expected for the numbers they have.

I love your choice of the word assembled.  If you cared to look, you would see a steady and strong progression of their XC and Track programs over the past five years.
BigIndian
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BigIndian »

Speaking of Berlin, I thought they were supposed to crush TM a couple of years ago. You still have to play the game.
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

BG does not have a player outside of the Altoona Or Hollidaysburg school district.  Johnstown or the somerset area???? One of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here. It isn't a college there in Altoona, they aren't housing these athletes for crying out loud. They have a good team and it is a good program so don't take credit away from the kids who beat up on the schools who complain about the Catholics before the ball is even kicked off.