Juniata at Tyrone - D6AA Semifinal

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Re: Juniata at Tyrone - D6AA Semifinal

Post by GoDragons »

bearcatfan12 wrote:why wasn't Juniata informed that tyrone districts in 1988? that could've helped tyrone maybe score twice instead of once. p.s huntingdon has beaten tyrone more times that tyrone has beaten us. so I don't wanna hear it.
Just curious, how many years has Huntingdon been AA vs how many they have been AAA?
bearcatfan12
Junior
Junior

Post by bearcatfan12 »

golden eagle, please do not say anything to me until you have mastered how to use your, and you're correctly, because you used it wrong twice in the same sentence, hit the books big guy.
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

Both teams are done for the season and watching it from the bleachers. But since you brought it up, Huntingdon hasn't beaten Tyrone since 2003...that's 12 seasons!!! It's not "Rocket Science"..........Tyrone > Huntingdon
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I know both are done. No one said one word until big mouth like always comes chirping when Tyrone loses. Never heard a word from him when Tyrone beat Huntingdon.
WorldTraveler
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WorldTraveler »

I understand Huntingdon does have some solid kids in Junior High and JV. I hope their program makes the next step toward knocking on the door with the top teams in the Mountain League. The league could use some increased depth. Tyrone, Clearfield, and Central have all been very competitive with each other over the past few years, but there has been a considerable gap between the previously mentioned teams and the rest of the league. It will certainly help the playoff bound teams to be more battle tested with more competitive games week in and week out. I hope BEA, PV, BEL, and PO all see improvements in their teams over the next few years.
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

Bellefonte underachieved tremendously this year! They had so many offensive weapons and their offense, especially their offensive coordinator, hindered their ability tremendously!
WorldTraveler
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WorldTraveler »

One would think Bellefonte can become more competitive relatively quickly. They are the largest school by enrollment in Mountain League. By extension, they should have a few more athletes walking through the halls than the other schools in the league.
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

They really should be! I watched them play a few games this year and they really did have the talent but never put it together. For example I do believe it was #4, was a brick of a kid, that they used as a wing back. If you were to line that kid up as a blocking FB, he could have demolished people. Instead they used him for fake hand offs in the opposite direction and only occasionally for blocking. Their head coach is a good guy who really does a good job with them but they need to overhaul their system to better fit their athletes.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Yes unfortunately the fan base has gone down. I know growing up my pap took me to every game it was a tradition the same with a lot of fans. And I will take my son to all of them as soon as he's old enough to go even if we are the only two people at the game.
WorldTraveler
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WorldTraveler »

I think we agree that Bellefonte could catapult to the top of the Mountain League within a very short time if things start to click.  Are the other Centre County teams in the Mountain League (BEA, PO, PV) on the verge of any kind of a breakthrough over the next couple of years?  Like I said earlier, the top teams in the league desperately need these teams to become more competitive to push them late into the 4th quarter of games, rather than unloading the JV's by the early part of the 3rd quarter, while the starters become spectators.  Sure, it is great to get any of the kids varsity game experience, but I think it hurts the top teams as they move into tough playoff games. Maybe Clearfield would be a good example of this happening this year.