Juniata at Tyrone - D6AA Semifinal

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Juniata at Tyrone - D6AA Semifinal

Post by footballguy99 »

A lot of people want to see Tyrone and Central go at it again and Juniata has different plans in mind.  This team is the unknown on here.  I think they are the kind of team based on what I have heard and seen that can give Tyrone fits (sort of like Central in week 2).  This team is explosive and if they would reach the finals versus Central the two teams might need to get a new scoreboard at Mansion Park.  Is Juniata ready for the big show or will Tyrone's experience be the X factor?
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Juniata at Tyrone - D6AA Semifinal

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I don't think the offense is going to be the factor that decides this game. Tyrone at playoff time follows the same recipe from a year ago. A lot of Offensive defense, sprinkled with some passes, and some tough defense. That has always been the game plan with the exception of 10-11.

Some have questions from Friday. Huntingdon was much improved and inspired as I stated in another post. Jon Wagner is a man, and they gave him the load. The first meeting and I'm all the other opponents will agree, they spread the carries out to Wagner, Fisher and Border. They made the adjustment and just fed him. He's shifty and explosive, and you have to give him attention on D. Tyrone was fine with the close game, 8 passes, 39 runs, keeps him off the field
-BIRDS OF PREY-
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

To win at Grey Field in the playoffs is almost impossible. I think the last team to do it was Bishop McCort in 2005. Tyrone will get it done this week...35-21
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Not taking anything away from Juniata they are at this point for a reason. But how will they deal with the d6 title game looming next week can they handle the pressure. Now Tyrone didn't play very well Friday. I think after that game coach Wilson and the players will be ready to go Saturday. Should be a good one.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Personally, I thought Tyrone played very well. One of the best efforts of the year, Leads going back and forth shows some heart on both parts.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

They showed tons of heart to not give up. The o line played good. Picked up the blitz good. Since Raven brought up some history. Does anyone know the last team outside of the LHAC that Tyrone lost to in the district playoffs.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:They showed tons of heart to not give up. The o line played good. Picked up the blitz good. Since Raven brought up some history. Does anyone know the last team outside of the LHAC that Tyrone lost to in the district playoffs.
Can't think of anything since the loss to United in the late 90s???
You play to win the game!!!
WildCatz
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by WildCatz »

I'm sticking to Tyrone in this game. I don't know much about Juniata but they don't sound like a push over by any means. Tyrones defense will have to play 4 sound quarters of ball in this one and cannot afford any let downs
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Code: Select all

Where is billmurray when you need some good insight?
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

I'm going with Juniata in this one based on my extremely limited view of seeing each team once this season. Juniata has a lot in common with Central in terms of physicality on the O-line and a stud in the backfield (and a very efficient QB to boot). Tyrone has a better D for sure, but I'll still take the Indians in a squeaker 28-27.