District Championship Scores

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Ddp53
Freshman
Freshman

Re: District Championship Scores

Post by Ddp53 »

Berlin is a nice team, I really enjoy watching the RB they have. I don't believe they will be able to hang with Clairton long enough to pull the upset. Clairton has to many athletes and to much skill. It's asking a lot of them to contain Clairton for an entire game. Just following comments on here, does Berlin have any competition during the season or not until they get in the State Playoffs?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

seriously. I like i said i don't think PM would be beating BG but i think the would of only scored 2 or 3 times in the first half.
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

konjo78 wrote:seriously. I like i said i don't think PM would be beating BG but i think the would of only scored 2 or 3 times in the first half.
You rated my post of "seriously" negatively??  You really are an idiot.  I agree with the early post, put the lettermen jacket back in the closet.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Berlin, like most of the other single A schools left standing, has beaten every team it was scheduled to play.  To win the WestPAC it beat playoff teams in Meyersdale, Shade, Conemaugh Township and Portage twice.  To win District 5 it beat Meyersdale again and Northern Bedford.  Win or lose (by any margin) next weekend, it had a super season.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Class A is essentially Clairton and BG. Berlin certainly has a chance to be mentioned in the same breath as those schools. And to be honest, they've beaten all the school on their schedule. They obviously have a fantastic team and Braden Fochtman is a hell of a running back. I'm quite sure the Bears will have their hands full with him again. With that said, I obviously haven't had a chance to watch them, but I'm quite sure that Berlin has more weapons than just Fochtman or they wouldn't be scoring at the rate that they do. I don't anticipate the Bears blowing them off the field 72 to 0; however, I tend to see this game being played out a lot like last years game. Berlin keeps it close for 2-3 quarters before the Bears pull away. I do have to tip my cap to Berlin, they really stepped up their game these past few years and repped D5 just fine. My question is, are there other D5/WestPac squads following their lead, much like Neshannok got successful and schools like Shenango followed their lead?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

How do you follow the lead? You'll have good years and bad years given the talent you have to work with.