Week four scores

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Week four scores

Post by El-Moldo »

I'm perplexed. So you are saying, for example, that a real good football player at Bishop Carroll, who knows his team is headed for an 0-10 season, can transfer to another school after playing in several early season games at BC, and THEN just step right in and play for his new team?
wilson12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wilson12 »

From what I hear that right, if both schools sign off on the matter.  That's what happen here, Cental must have sign off on the move in order for him to play at McCort.  It doesn't sound right, but it happen.  In order for him to play, I'm sure that both schools got the ok from D-6.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

So what about the LHAC? Don't they have any say-so about "stacking " teams" in their league. Central shouldn't care if he attends BM. They are not in the LHAC OR won't face them in the playoffs. But what about the Westmonts, Bedfords, and Somersets? Are we back to unlevel playing fields again?
pahntr
Freshman
Freshman

Post by pahntr »

Since this has come to light, I have another scenario to present.....We can guarantee the LHAC becomes the premier conference in the state.....as each team in the LHAC ends their season, either by not qualifying for playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs, they should send their best players to BM and BG. These "schools without boundaries" instantly become better because they become all-star teams from the whole conference. Plus our conferences best players all get to win a state title. After the state championship games are played then the student athletes can transfer back to their respective schools for winter sports. That should pretty much guarantee a championship for class A and AA. We could try to make it work for one of the LHAC AAA and AAAA schools too...... oh wait, that won't work. those schools all have boundary limitations so the student athletes would actually have to move into those districts and establish residency. At least we can work this system to our benefit as much as possible! After all, that's the American Way.......right?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

PsuDfense30 wrote:
El-Moldo wrote:Did this Benton kid play in actual games this season for Central-Martinsburg BEFORE transferring and playing in actual games for BM??
Yes, Manfred. He played the first 2 games of the year for Central, transferred in the middle of Week 3 and played weeks 3 and 4 for BM.
Haha!  I aspire to be as great as the one & only El Moldo!
It ain't over until it's over.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

As the Liberals say, "We're doing this for the children". And pahntr is right. Maybe the displaced starters at BG or BM can be cheerleaders for the NEW starters who took their place.
CoachBig
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CoachBig »

Benton did not transfer to BM to build a team his parents moved there family to Johnstown. He grew up in the Spring Cove School District. Central to BM would not be for athletic reasons. Central was rank in the state this year. I don't believe BM was ranked yet,but with all this trash talk about this subject, I sure hope BM win a state title.
wilson12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wilson12 »

I think D-6, is the power in the area, is there anything in the by-laws of LHAC to stop this? If not, then the player is able to play.  Question, if this happen to Public School, would it be a problem?  I do feel there should be waiting peroid of time maybe week or two, before a player doing this could play for his new team.  Again why he came to McCort is between school and his family.  It done and the teams have to deal with it, the rule was follow and D-6 ok the move. 
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Lol in the area what else is there?! D5 cmon man there are districts for a reason. D6 is the only thing in the area! Just like somerset and Bedford is D5 and Pittsburgh is D7-8 north is 9-10 then you got the east
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

The mid-season transfer is perfectly legal.  His father moved to Westmont. He wanted to stay at his home school.  I'm sure the length of the drive and the late dinners got to be too much so he transferred.  

Nothing different than if Joe the IT guy's son plays for Tyrone and he gets a new job in Ebensburg.  The kid will more than likely want to stay at Tyrone, but after a few weeks of early morning commutes and late rides home he and his family decide to transfer to Central Cambria.  Both schools and their administration are much more familiar with the background and both schools signed off on the transfer.  I'm not pro-private school but come on guys leave the kid alone!