D6 Playoff Standings (Week 7)

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 Playoff Standings (Week 7)

Post by CoffinCorner »

Other than having more points and which side of the stadium they sit on in Altoona, does it matter ?   These are head and shoulders above the rest of AA teams 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Seeding at the top could come down to matchups, I'm sure avoiding Bellwood is the incentive.  Also I don't think either team would want to see Westmont in the first round.  Hard to say where the Hilltoppers will fall, but I would think any top seed would prefer not play them in the first round.
RedAndBlack
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RedAndBlack »

By my math and predicted records of beaten opponents, LV is #1 seed if they win out, no matter what BM and BA do.

If both BM and BA win out, BM is #2 and BA is #3.

If BA wins out and BM's only loss is to Johnstown, then BA is #2 and BM is #3.

The rest of my projected sendings:
4. MU
5. WH
6. SH
7. WS
8. CH

A key game for those projected seeding is CH - Bed. I have Bed winning. If CH wins, that moves them to #6 and SH and WS down one. Another key game is WS - NC. I am going with WS at home. Also, for this week, going with SH losing to Ev and WS losing to HC to make the above predictions.
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

I think it makes a difference as to how hard of a road teams have to make it to the final. I'd agree that McCort should meet Ligonier, but injuries and other things matter. The tougher the opponent the more chance of a starter missing time or something.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

McCort falling to 3 means that they would have to meet Ligonier in the semi final correct?
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

CCDevil2012 wrote:McCort falling to 3 means that they would have to meet Ligonier in the semi final correct?
No...  2 seed and 3 seed would be on the same side of the bracket.  1 seed and 4 seed would be on the same side of the bracket.  They wouldn't meet until the championship.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Okay good! Looking forward to that game regardless of when it happens. No offense to Bellwood but I do think McCort is way better even if they do finish 8-2
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

I think Bellwood has a big test this week with an unpredictable Mount Union team. It is definitely not guaranteed that BA wins out. The question is what MU team shows up this Friday night. That could throw a wrench in all these plans. If MU wins out, and BA wins their last two after losing to MU... does BA end up at 4 or will BA get through on power points..?
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Great system that does not reward a team for playing bigger opponents
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

I don't want to say much because there are three games left and a lot could happen. First off I know that LV and McCort are everybody's choice to go to the final. There is good reason for that . But I have watched Bellwood all season. They keep getting better and are at the point where they are clicking at every phase of the game. A couple weeks ago they made some changes on defense . Their already good defense got even better. That's a team I wouldn't want to face , especially on the road.