ICC Week 8

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: ICC Week 8

Post by HSD6FAN »

Aiks19 wrote:Mount Union almost always has the athletes.  That's never the question. And they were one of the favorites along WITH Bellwood when the year started. So I'm not sure this would be a huge upset but an upset nonetheless . But they failed to show up last week against an inferior Everett team. This is the knock on Mount Union every year. It will be a good one. I don't see Bellwood running away with this one.
If MU can survive the first half and not implode, they stand a fighting chance.  MU will need a few things to go their way ( a few turnovers or big plays) in the game to pull off the upset.  I believe Bellwood's line, both offensively and defensively, will be what makes the difference.  Plus, MU's secondary better be able to cover receivers or it'll get ugly fast!
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Bellwood's line has gotten a lot better. Their defensive line has been tremendous the last two weeks. Bellwood also has 4 pretty good receivers.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

The MU QB will have to play clean as well. He needs to focus on the things he can control like catching the snaps and getting the ball off quick and clean. He has been mishandling snaps and holding the ball too long. I will call the MU upset as well, but unfortunately we are still talking about a team that has to Show Up To Play. I wish they were more consistent, but they haven't shown it. I think if both teams play to their abilities, MU actually wins this... but You never know which MU team will show up, BA however always brings it. Should be an entertaining game.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

I can agree with all of ICCFan's picks.

As for MU/B-A. MU has to play a near perfect game and get all the bounces to go their way to win. Turnovers leading to six, maybe a kick or punt return for 6, etc. Can't have the costly turnovers and mental lapses that has lead to both losses.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

And Mental Mistakes reign...
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:And Mental Mistakes reign...
Or maybe Bellwood is just better than them. 
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Bellwood is very good but I don't believe for a second that they are 20 points better. Just my opinion.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Martin is a good runner and Mount Union has some good players.  Bellwood is better team all around. 4 different players scored TDs and one of them wasn't even their leading rusher. Bellwood was also better in the trenches.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Bellwood's line was better as well as were the coaches, especially in the first half.

If MU can eliminate the negative plays, turnovers, and predictability on offense, then they can compete with the top level teams.