Private school success

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
pahntr
Freshman
Freshman

Private school success

Post by pahntr »

Reading the discussion of private schools under the LHAC week 7 thread, I wondered this......has there ever been a period of time when all of the privates in the D5/6 area were successful at the same time? Since I have lived in this area, at least one of the three (BG, BM or BC) have been successful at the state level. All at different times though. Usually, at least one of them has also been awful at the same time. This makes me wonder if it's possible for 3 privates (or 4 if you count St. Joe's) can all be successful at the same time? 
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Private school success

Post by Aiks19 »

Why wouldn't it be possible? Not sure you will see it anytime soon with Carroll's current struggles and Saint Joe's being new program.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

In the late 90's early 2000's, McCort was actually pretty good but Carroll was just better. McCort was AA also, so they never met in the postseason. The LHAC as a whole had a number of good teams in that era.  Forest Hills had some exceptional teams, Central Cambria and Penn Cambria were much better 
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Each of the private schools draws from different areas, so it would not be like they are taking kids from each other.
I can only think of one example that differs from this, Scott Lewis and his brother were from South Fork, but in other cases Forest HIlls is in the BC area.
woninthetrenches
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by woninthetrenches »

I dont believe we will see all 3 as top teams together at the same time. Johnstown area is dying, so that means less kids will be there along with jobs leaving. Parents wont be able to afford to send thier kids to BM as often. Now in the mean time they have enough support and donors they will succed for several more years. BG is winning and the area is large, they can continue with the sucess for many years. BC is small, no support and the kids aren't going there, I dont see them as being good for a long time, if ever unless something changes drastically.