Everett Coach

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Everett Coach

Post by guru1 »

I see old Winston is at it again blasting officials and blaming them for his teams loss in the news paper. I cannot believe the Everett School District puts up with this....How is this guy employed?? 

I was told that after the game this past week a Williamsburg player wished him luck the rest of the year during post game handshakes and he snapped at him that they had no rest of the year with this loss. Real classy Winston...real classy. 
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Everett Coach

Post by Aiks19 »

I saw in the Altoona Mirror article , he was complaining about the Westinghouse deal. It may be messed up but don't lose to schools not even half your size and expect to be given a playoff ticket.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

Can someone post the article?
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

peytonsaturday wrote:Can someone post the article?
I can try. I'm not good with my new phone. But I will tell you , it was in the article about the Williamsburg vs Everett game. Not an entire one about the messed up playoff situation. Just about a paragraph.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

I'm driving for work on the turnpike or I would be able to find it. Once I get to New Stanton, maybe I'll pull over and check it out.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

peytonsaturday wrote:I'm driving for work on the turnpike or I would be able to find it.  Once I get to New Stanton, maybe I'll pull over and check it out.
Yeah, don't get someone killed for no reason. #nobleachercoachinganddriving
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

just wow
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Bottom line is, you can’t fumble the ball against a good ballclub,” Everett coach Winston Redman said. “Turnovers cost us. They play excellent defense, and I said all week that Williamsburg’s quarterback is a tough kid.”

“Why does the official wait until the ball crosses the goal line to throw a flag from 15 yards out after we crossed the goal line?” Redman said. “I can’t figure that one out. If you’ve got a hold, you throw the flag. You don’t wait until the play is over and then say there is a hold.

“That was bush league, and what the reply to me was that it was (the official’s) first time as a sideline judge. Unbelievable. But it wasn’t the referees’ fault. They called a good game other than that call. The other calls were legit calls.”

“I found out about the playoff situation on Tuesday,” Redman said. “I’ve told the kids all year that if we got five or six wins we were in. All of a sudden, I get a surprise Tuesday that they had a meeting and there was a plan in place.

“So Westinghouse, regardless if they win the City (League) championship or lose it, we’re out. If they don’t make it to the championship game, they are still in, and we have to go to Westinghouse to play. How can they have their cake and ice cream both? I just don’t understand that.”
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Which part of this is so offensive? He is unhappy about one call and explains why he was unhappy with it. He compliments the other team. He states the other calls were ok. Then explains a playoff issue that affects his team.
Not sure what is so wrong