ICC Week 10

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 10

Post by ICCFan »

Had my first 6-0 week last week and  42-14 overall now.  Had the correct call on the NB upset of Mt. Union and the toss up winner Williamsburg and the officials and the playoff administration who all beat Everett and their drama Queen Coach. Bellwood has locked up the Conference championship with a 2 game lead on both Mo Valley and surging NBC.  Have to rank Mo Valley #2 in the conference based on head to head win in week 1 vs NBC with the Panthers #3, Juniata Valley at #4, Mount Union to #5, Williamsburg at #6 and Everett drops from #2 to #7 in the ICC.

Claysburg at Mount Union  –  I believe the Bulldogs still have an outside shot of making the D6 Playoffs with a win.  Mount Union needs a win to regroup heading into the playoffs as they’ve been nosediving.  I look for MU to regroup this week and handle CK.  Mount Union 28 Claysburg 14.

Everett at Juniata Valley – Everett will know their playoff fate prior to kickoff Friday night as Westinghouse plays their City League game on Thursday this week.  That could play into the mindset of the Warriors.  I was on the tribe as a real team on the rise the last couple weeks but after being derailed last week I look for Valley, who is in the D6 playoffs to sting the Warriors.  Juniata Valley 28 Everett 20.

Southern Huntingdon at Glendale  – Not a real exciting matchup here.  SH has had more success and Glendale is just playing out their final game.  Barring a real surge of Senior night emotion, look for the Rockets to blast the Vikes.  SH 40 Glendale 7.

Tussey Mountain at West Branch –  Have to say I’m still impressed at how hard TM plays despite a rough season.  They’ve been very competitive and I expect nothing less in their season finale.  West Branch has too many athletes and home field advantage though.  WB 38 Tussey 22.

Williamsburg at Mo Valley – Very interesting “A” matchup of two teams headed for the playoffs.  Williamsburg has been playing very well and I have no doubt they will be in this one.  Which Mo Valley team will show up.  I say Coach Keith has them ready and the Black Knights get much needed playoff momentum victory.  Mo Valley 30 Williamsburg 27.

Northern Bedford at Bellwood  -  Northern has been playing very well and has the best shot of any ICC team to keep B-A from going unbeaten in the league.  NB pulled off a convincing win last year in this spot, can they repeat?  I fully expect this to be a terrific football game.  Bellwood’s staff will be very diligent in their preparations this year with last years loss fresh in their minds.  I say Coach Hayes has his squad prepared for the assault and they get the win in a see-saw game.  Bellwood 38 Northern 36 in Overtime.
Warrior1554
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: ICC Week 10

Post by Warrior1554 »

I think the Thursday game is gonna be the key for Everett. If they know they wont make the playoffs, I see them coming out flat and getting beat by a solid Juniata Valley squad.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

I will agree on all the winners as you have them. I do not think NBC/BA is that close. NBC has been playing better but I think BA is just a better team.

Also...in your rankings...I will switch NBC and JV since the 2 played just a few weeks ago with JV winning.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

I can agree with all of them .like might even agree NBC plays Bellwood close. They will have to do it on defense. The way Bellwood is playing on defense right now, it would be hard to think NBC scores more than two touchdowns.Ill say 28-13 BA.