Ferndale and West Shamokin

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ferndale and West Shamokin

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Can't argue with any of them. They win and all hell breaks loose. Lord forbid they lose and start whining about every little thing. Congrats the top 2 teams in the heritage are better then the top 2 in the westpac. I think if that kid from Berlin plays it's a different story. And the bottom of the heritage is better then the bottom of the westpac. Let's not forget this is the first time ferndale won since when? I can't wait for LV to get smacked around by B-A or McCort. If they get lucky enough to get passed them have fun with Steel Valley in the states.
Bring McCort, Bring BA,     we got a Colin Smith and they dont
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Sorry didn't know you're an English teacher. You should change your name to Mr.Perfect
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Grandpa, can you tell us the story about when you were little and how that one year Berlin beat Clariton,
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

First off I'm not a Berlin supporter, and second off when's the last time LV was relivant at all. In the playoffs or the regular season.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Your are about to see
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Grandpa, can you tell us the story about when you were little and how that one year Berlin beat Clariton,
I remember my first time
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I'm about to see another disappointing season for them? I can agree with you there.
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

The crossover is a way for all the teams in both conferences to get their tenth game without all of the scheduling headaches. It worked out well for all involved Historically United , LV, Blairsville, Homer have been tough teams when it was the Appalachian, over the past 8-10 years we've seen Penns Manor, Berlin and Portage have some success, When BC was in the Appalachian they had a nice little run as well. I think it was entertaining and it gives teams a chance to play local teams that they normally wouldn't get to compete against. It seemed like a good thing the AD's put together.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

CrimsonLion wrote:The crossover is a way for all the teams in both conferences to get their tenth game without all of the scheduling headaches. It worked out well for all involved Historically United , LV, Blairsville, Homer have been tough teams when it was the Appalachian, over the past 8-10 years we've seen Penns Manor, Berlin and Portage have some success, When BC was in the Appalachian they had a nice little run as well. I think it was entertaining and it gives teams a chance to play local teams that they normally wouldn't get to compete against. It seemed like a good thing the AD's put together.
I agree!  It would be cool to see them try to do something similar for other sports as well. 
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

This was discussed a few years ago when both leagues were at 9, Rockwood still hung around a few years giving the West Pac more teams. When West Shamokin was accepted into D-6 and the Heritage it was the perfect storm. It would be nice to see it in other sports, I agree. There's some crossover but not as much as there should be.