District 6 AA Playoff Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Re: District 6 AA Playoff Thread

Post by CrimsonLion »

No offense, but Westmont's line is pretty big. I've seen both teams and I'd say Westmont is definitely bigger by a lot
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

Cameron Bryga
T, DT, DE Sr. 6-3 285
Justin Bulas
OL, DL Sr. 6-4 260
Mike Weinzierl
G, DT Sr. 6-3 300
Connor Ketchum
C, DT Jr. 6-3 300
Max Yonko
OL, DL Fr. 6-3 260
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

Westmont has a distinct size advantage, they also have some speed of their own with Moors and Valente.

Ligonier to me has the best QB in the District regardless of class, Smith is an athlete and a very cerebral player, Liggy also has an outstanding defense they fly to the ball. Elijah Parrish is as good as you'll see around here at read and react. Liggy has an electric pass offense that hasn't really been tested yet, but they can run also. I think overall they just have too much athleticism for Westy, McCort is a better match-up skill player wise.

No sense of arguing about it until the teams win and we see how it plays out
Kvothe0
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Kvothe0 »

costanza wrote:they don't blow through the Heritage every year...this is the 3rd time they have won it since the league's inception, which was 2000. 
Since 2009 Ligonier is 55-13 vs Heritage teams.  If that's not blowing through it's pretty dang close.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Ligonier fans remind me a lot of Richland fans in 2013 and Mt Union fans in 2014. Better let your unbeatable team navigate through the bracket before writing that ticket to Hershey.
For those with short memories, Central and Tyrone have those 2013,2014 trophies. That's why they play the games
-BIRDS OF PREY-
PaulCrewe18
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PaulCrewe18 »

I have yet to see either team play but between BA and BM who is more likely to be playing LV in the championship? I don't know much about either
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

TAHS92Alum wrote:Ligonier fans remind me a lot of Richland fans in 2013 and Mt Union fans in 2014. Better let your unbeatable team navigate through the bracket before writing that ticket to Hershey.
For those with short memories, Central and Tyrone have those 2013,2014 trophies. That's why they play the games
I don't recall saying anything about Hershey.  I haven't even said anything about Ligonier vs. BA or McCort district championship.  All I have said is that Westmont has no chance.   
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

So you are effectively saying Ligonier defensive front is better than BG.   Sorry, Westmont is going to be able to run on Ligonier.   I think Ligonier wins the game.  It will be close if Westmont gets a lead and holds the ball, it will be a blowout if Ligonier gets up early by 14 and Westmont has to play catch-up.   The Westmont game at Penns Manor last year I know nothing about, other than admittedly being surprised at the one sided nature of the score.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

PaulCrewe18 wrote:I have yet to see either team play but between BA and BM who is more likely to be playing LV in the championship? I don't know much about either
I haven't seen McCort other than highlights. But when your only two losses were to BG and Johnstown and you played them close I'd say your pretty  darn good.
 With a son on BA , I've seen them all year. It's a team that has gotten better as the season went on. Very balanced on offense . Not only between the run and pass but has many options at both. Defense they have a bend but don't break. Very solid upfront and at linebacker.
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

Was that 19998 when Tyrone was unbeaten and was stunned by United? Anything can happen in the playoffs..

I personally just want to see BM vs LV, But BA and Westy present tough match-ups as well.