District 6 AA Playoff Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 6 AA Playoff Thread

Post by TAHS92Alum »

CrimsonLion wrote:Was that 19998 when Tyrone was unbeaten and was stunned by United? Anything can happen in the playoffs..

I personally just want to see BM vs LV, But BA and Westy present tough match-ups as well.
Yea that is correct. Totally unexpected, however the following year was a 15-0 season.  Again anything can happen, especially when teams reside in different conferences. Its hard to compare and prepare.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

To be fair , that was a very nice team from United that year, solid line and skill positions.   They were the better team that night but was a good game all around , stadium was packed. Standing room only
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

I remember it well, United went on to lose to a loaded Sharon squad up in Erie.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Hold up 
All I see up in here is a bunch a haters.  Sorry you can't Liggy fans but hear me when I say , they all will fall.   It is a shame that we can't beat BA and Bishop Recruiter but that is how it works, 
LHAC about to get a lesson , starts with the bagpipes this week and then next week Hilltoppers go home to play basketball.   
Come on jump on the train , instead of being pretenders, you know that LV is winning D6
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Hold up 
All I see up in here is a bunch a haters.  Sorry you can't Liggy fans but hear me when I say , they all will fall.   It is a shame that we can't beat BA and Bishop Recruiter but that is how it works, 
LHAC about to get a lesson , starts with the bagpipes this week and then next week Hilltoppers go home to play basketball.   
Come on jump on the train , instead of being pretenders, you know that LV is winning D6
he said, "Stop! Collaborate and listen". He's a good example of how we've all been at one point in our lives with our team being number 1. The joys of being 12 again.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Actually, reading through only one person picked McCort over Ligonier.  Most of the talk has been around past upsets. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'm excited to see Ligonier in person on Friday. I don't think they'll have much trouble at all with Cambria Heights. I went to the Penns Manor game last year and Smith got hurt early on and that really decided the game right then. 
Kvothe0
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Kvothe0 »

They can put this trophy next to all their other D6 football trophies 
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Enzo only hater is you on the other 7 teams in the bracket by saying they habe no shot. Look back 2 years ago see where that got the mount union fans. LV is a good team but they haven't won it yet.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:Enzo only hater is you on the other 7 teams in the bracket by saying they habe no shot. Look back 2 years ago see where that got the mount union fans. LV is a good team but they haven't won it yet.
I would argue that the conceived separation between the 2014 Mount Union and Tyrone teams was greater than LV and McCort this year. In 2014, most HS football fans would have agreed that MU was the favorite due to their athletes but that Tyrone had a chance to compete. This year, I would say those same fans are probably split 50/50. 
As for Westmont, they either get blown out or have a close game simply because their offense is so simple. If you figure out how to stop it, it's not like they're going to try something different, it'll still be the same 5 plays. But if you can't, they're going to score and eat up 6-8 minutes per drive. What's scary is how good Westmont could be if they came out and did something more modern with the opposing team having no preparation.