Post by TAHS92Alum »

I think it was about Defense not Jones that day
-BIRDS OF PREY-
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Re: District 6 AA Playoff Thread

Post by CrimsonLion »

If LV can run? Have you seen Smith throw the ball? They have plenty of athletes who can get vertical and Smith has a cannon.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Canon, I saw him through a ball over a mountain one day and Tutino still caught it

No one in thiz district is giving them a game.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

"When you have a terrible line it's super easy to rush for 1100 yards"
That was sarcasm
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

If Ligonier beats McCort, provided they both make it there I think they'll definitely have to earn it. Both teams are very good, I just think McCort has a little more firepower. This one could come down to the intangibles special teams, turnovers, field position and second half adjustments.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Are both of Westmont's senior backs that have been out last few weeks returning for next game?  Curious, they will need them to be competitive
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

Ferens had plenty of FCS offers, what kept him from FBS offers was his size. He is a freak athlete, but no coach is going to sign off on that lack of size at that level. Danny was a realist, he has been around the NFL seen all his life he knew his chances of playing at that level were slim to none, he chose the education at Penn.

I could see Smith becoming a LB at WVU

Coaches don't recruit based on stats, its all measureables and projections, how you fit in a system. Every year we see these kids who run for 3,000 yards and go nowhere or throw for miles and go nowhere. Any kid who gets money for school for sports is lucky and we should be excited that kids in our area are getting looks it just brings more recruiters to the area and gives more kids chances. Regardless what anyone here thinks of his ability, he is getting a free education and we're sitting on Bleachercoaches arguing about it, who's winning there?
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

CrimsonLion wrote:Ferens had plenty of FCS offers, what kept him from FBS offers was his size. He is a freak athlete, but no coach is going to sign off on that lack of size at that level. Danny was a realist, he has been around the NFL seen all his life he knew his chances of playing at that level were slim to none, he chose the education at Penn.

I could see Smith becoming a LB at WVU

Coaches don't recruit based on stats, its all measureables and projections, how you fit in a system. Every year we see these kids who run for 3,000 yards and go nowhere or throw for miles and go nowhere. Any kid who gets money for school for sports is lucky and we should be excited that kids in our area are getting looks it just brings more recruiters to the area and gives more kids chances. Regardless what anyone here thinks of his ability, he is getting a free education and we're sitting on Bleachercoaches arguing about it, who's winning there?
Did Ferens play football at Penn or run track ? Just curious. 
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

He is a wide receiver at Penn
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

CrimsonLion wrote:He is a wide receiver at Penn
Thank you. FCS FBS...who cares.Penn is a dang good education.