District 6 A Playoff Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 6 A Playoff Thread

Post by Aiks19 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I really think Clairton is the only A team in Pennsylvania that could beat BG.
How far up in classification would either of these teams have to go before you could say they would have a legit chance of losing ? 3A ? 4A?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Steel Valley in AA might be on par with them as well. They have Paris Ford, who is one of the top 2-3 players in the state.
NeutralGuy
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by NeutralGuy »

Agreed Crimson
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

The reason that the D6 champ is slotted in the state semis is because of the amount of teams they have in 1A. So if they eliminated the first round, all 8 teams would have a bye this week. Or your champ would have a week off between the district final and their first state game. So might as well just have a few extra games this week instead of having a week with no games. More $$$ obviously too.
NeutralGuy
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by NeutralGuy »

I can't see anything other than chalk the whole way through this bracket. The only possibility Is Mo Valley knocking off Portage but I doubt it
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

NeutralGuy wrote:I can't see anything other than chalk the whole way through this bracket. The only possibility Is Mo Valley knocking off Portage but I doubt it
That will actually be my second round upset, but I'm taking it one round at a,time
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

I have no complaints over the number of playoff teams in the bracket.

12 of 18 is a similar percentage to what you see in every classification in every district statewide. About 60-65% of teams make the playoffs.

I actually think it is a great thing. Look at Claysburg as an example. They won the past two weeks to get in. They have to be feeling good about beating a two solid AA teams in Mt Union team and Everett.

They played 3 AA teams this year and as a coach in the ICC this year has been a very difficult year. Bellwood is very good and then there were about 7 other pretty good teams that beat each other up all year.

So, someone may think 12 is too many and they are entitled to that opinion. I could see a 4 win team in one conference being equal to a 7 win team in another conference depending on the year.

I see how Bedford and Tyrone have had nice finishes to their seasons. Maybe they have a chance to make some noise after dealing with injuries earlier in the season. I know at my school injuries have played a big role in things and getting healthy at the right time could be important for some schools.

So, all that said....I'm just saying I see no problem in 60% of teams competing in the playoffs. After the next two weeks a majority of kids in PA will begin their winter sports season on time so it isn't a huge deal.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

As far as second round games go, I could see Will and NC being a very fun game to watch. Williamsburg is a very solid team and can be very tough to defend.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Coach wrote:As far as second round games go, I could see Will and NC being a very fun game to watch. Williamsburg is a very solid team and can be very tough to defend.
I can see Claysburg,  Mo Valley Williamsburg and Juniata Valley all winning at least one of their playoff games. Can't say this every year but ICC was very competitive this year.When BA beat Claysburg in game three, I told my son that Claysburg is a lot better than their record.  Big line , a solid RB and a QB that throws a nice ball. That program is definitely on the up swing.
Kvothe0
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Kvothe0 »

I don't think there is a more far gone conclusion in any district tournament in the state.  

Finals:  BG over Homer Center....big
Sleeper:  Northern Cambria... They may not be the most talented, but it seems like they always have a bunch of tough kids   up there.  Only unfortunate thing for them is they would have to play BG in semis.