District 6 A Playoff Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Re: District 6 A Playoff Thread

Post by fdc173 »

I think Homer could hang with BG for some of the game and if BG makes mistakes they could just maybe be the first to take them down.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

fdc173 wrote:I think Homer could hang with BG for some of the game and if BG makes mistakes they could just maybe be the first to take them down.
This team is pretty focused and plays like a team, not that Homer could not beat them, but they have had adversity losing Evan and over came it,. They had a Johnstown and BM team throw their best at them and still won.   They have played without their starting Qb and won.   The only thing that can hurt them is speed and a lot of it.   I agree that any other year, Homer would be everyone's pick, but not in 2016
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think it's a Bishop Guilfoyle-Clairton collison course. I think Homer has a nice team, but don't think they can beat BG. But then again, nobody thought they could do it in 2013, and that's the last time BG lost a game.
BHSfan97
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BHSfan97 »

As a side note to the Claysburg game, Blairsville will be holding its senior night that night as well. They received permission from the PIAA and District 6 to do this.
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

I see everyone picking the ICC teams, I haven't seen any of them in person but from watching some of the film on these teams I'm not sure I see what others are seeing?

I could be wrong but the Class A teams in the Heritage just looks better to me this year, I guess we'll see Friday/Saturday night but...
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I think it's a Bishop Guilfoyle-Clairton collison course.  I think Homer has a nice team, but don't think they can beat BG.  But then again, nobody thought they could do it in 2013, and that's the last time BG lost a game.
That fact is why I do not think HC has a shot. BG will be ready for them. 
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

BG-Clairton collision course.  You nailed it Crimson.  Now, without both Chadbourne and Wade the game loses some luster.  It would have been a fantastic rematch of the '14 title game.  The difference betweene the two teams:  BG has proven what they're capable of without their star.  Do the Bears have any chance of hanging with BG without LaMont Wade?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Wade could very well be back in 3-4 weeks, I think the Bears can hang without him for the most part. Noah Hamlin is a really good player that doesn't get the credit he deserves with Wade overshadowing him. He'll be the main man the next few weeks.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Wade could very well be back in 3-4 weeks, I think the Bears can hang without him for the most part. Noah Hamlin is a really good player that doesn't get the credit he deserves with Wade overshadowing him. He'll be the main man the next few weeks.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

As per the article he had a knee scope, I have seen kids come back from that in as little as 1-2 weeks. He'll be back probably before the WPIAL title game I would imagine. But if they are that good they should just rest him up for the state playoff.