ICC Playoff Week 1 Picks

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Playoff Week 1 Picks

Post by ICCFan »

Had a very rough 3-3 week last week and  45-17 overall at end of regular season.  This was a tough year to pick this conference as evidenced by Week 10’s .500 record.   Claysburg had the big upset of the week over a reeling Mount Union squad that hasn’t been the same the past couple weeks.  Final Conference Rankings:  1. Bellwood  2. Williamsburg based on wins over Everett, Mo Valley and a 1-pt. loss that came down to a 2-pt conversion over NBC.  3. Mo Valley  4. Everett  5. Juniata Valley  6. NBC  7. S.Huntingdon 8. Claysbug.  We’ll see this week if this conference was really good or just really competitive based on many interesting matchups vs Heritage and Westpac conference schools.  If my picks hold true, the ICC is merely very competitive with a lot of average to slightly above average teams.  This weekend will tell and I’m hoping I’m wrong and the ICC comes out looking like the best of the small school conferences in the region. 

Claysburg at Blairsville  – Blairsville’s lost 4 in a row and Claysburg is playing there best football.  But it’s a new season and CK has been inconsistent and I’m not sure how they’ll handle a game that has the word “playoff” beside it….it’s been awhile for the Bulldogs.  Blairsville rebounds at home, Blairsville 30 Claysburg 14.
 Everett at Chestnut Ridge –  Ridge won by 2 TD’s in the season opener.  Everett has improved and has exceeded expectations this year in my opinion.  Ridge, with a young squad has also improved during the season and probably more than even the Warriors.  CR 38 Everett 13.

Southern Huntingdon at Bellwood – This is the only intra-conference game on tap and should be a relatively easy opening playoff game for the Blue Devils.  Bellwood 47 SH 10.

Northern Bedford at Meyersdale –  One of two ICC vs WestPac matchups.  I’m very tempted to take NBC in this game but which team will show up?  A bad trend with the Panthers is how they play on the road.  2-3 in road games this year.  Lost two games that were tossups on the road and played very poorly in their only two road wins.  That sways me…..  Meyersdale 24 Northern Bedford 20.

Penns Manor at Mo Valley –  PM has won three straight and Mo Valley has shown they can be up and down.  I think the key here is who gets some confidence early in the game and I’m going with the Black Knights and Murawski to control this game enough to get the “W”.   Mo Valley 26 PM 20.

United at Juniata Valley  -  This is a very interesting matchup.  Kevin Marabito will have the Lions ready and this should be a hard-hitting scrappy kind of matchup.  JV is at home but after last weeks egg they laid vs visiting Everett, I’m going with United in a barnburner.  United 26 Juniata Valley 24 in overtime.

Ferndale at Williamsburg – As long as Williamsburg doesn’t get stung by the Yellow Jackets passing attack, they should be golden in this one.  Aden McMonigle is no Galen Hall but he’s a pretty darned good option QB running behind a top notch small school offensive line.  Williamsburg 42 Ferndale 16.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: ICC Playoff Week 1 Picks

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

Is MU no longer in the ICC..?
superstar25
Senior
Senior

Post by superstar25 »

ICCFan, I think you are underestimating ICC performance this week. Blairsville is reeling and Claysburg could beat them. Meyersdale is not that good and NBC could handle them. PM should of lost to a bad CV team last week. Mo Valley should hammer them. JV should handle United, and Willburg will hammer Ferndale. I think ICC top to bottom is better that the Heritage this year and way better than the Westpac this year.
HSfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by HSfan »

What about Everett at Chestnut Ridge?
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

What about MU at McCort..?
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

I can see every single A team in the league winning this week. AA not so much. I see Everett losing , Mount Union getting " crushed" . BA advancing with a tough one next week.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:What about MU at McCort..?
Mount Union has a snowballs chance in hell in this one.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:Is MU no longer in the ICC..?
We changed conference affiliations to the Huntingdon County Pee Wee Football league. The Vikings are 10 point favorites in the big showdown next week.
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCFan »

Inadevertently left MU prediction out this week but I don't think anyone is picking them tonight.
At this point Claysburg, Juniata Valley and Everett are all that's left to try and save complete embarassment for the ICC.  When two teams from the bottom half of the Heritage and WestPAC come in and rock two teams tied for 2nd place in your league it does not bode well.   The ICC Fan is rather nauseous after last nights 0-3 Class "A" performance.
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

Turnovers doomed the ICC

Williamsburg vs Ferndale

Wbg - 5 TOs but 26 more yards of offense

NBC vs Meyersdale

NBC - 3 TOs but 176 more yards of offense

MV vs PM

6 TOS but 87 more yards of offense