District Six AA Semifinal Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District Six AA Semifinal Thread

Post by youngbuck »

BM dominates the line and the rest of the game , don't see this even being close.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I have a tough time gauging Bellwood most seasons. The ICC can be good or bad but Bellwood is going to be 8-2 or 9-1 either way. So you just never know what to expect.

Bellwood runs all the same plays they have for years, it's not going to be anything new. They do pass more than usual with Tanneyhill. I think McCort's front 7 is pretty good and they'll be able to get some pressure on him, which I think is key. It doesn't look like his mobility is all that great and that would force some bad decisions.

As for when McCort's on offense. They have more reliable weapons than most teams. I think you could see as many as six different guys carrying the ball, and they have some good receivers as well. McCort's QB runs the option very well and they aren't afraid to pitch it well down field either, the back continues to follow him the whole way. He can pass but that's not his calling card. If you are Bellwood, try to sellout and stop the run. They can throw it 10-15 times a game, anymore and that means the running game isn't working at all. I don't know if Bellwood is fast defensively, but that would help a lot. McCort is very fast and they are good at running deceptions and misdirections....you really have to watch the ball.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

And throwing in special teams, McCort has a solid kicker/punter in Chris Miller. He can hit FG's from around 40-45 yards. And of course in the return game Andrews (if he plays), Britt, Benton are all dangerous in space.
Bitoffun
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Bitoffun »

Defensive discipline keeps BA in this one. Probably will take BA showing more offense than normal. But no matter the opponent, year in year out teams struggle breaking big plays against them. Don't know who wwins, but Mc will earn every yard.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

1. I love how it seems every couple of days we get a new Liggy poster on here claiming their dominance.

2. I'm still interested to see how good this Bellwood team really is as well. I watched this almost same Blue Devil team lose by almost 50pts to Portage last year in the playoffs. From the outside looking in, is it the ICC just isn't a good overall conference again or are they really that improved? I guess we'll see on Saturday.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

PortagePride wrote:1. I love how it seems every couple of days we get a new Liggy poster on here claiming their dominance.

2. I'm still interested to see how good this Bellwood team really is as well. I watched this almost same Blue Devil team lose by almost 50pts to Portage last year in the playoffs. From the outside looking in, is it the ICC just isn't a good overall conference again or are they really that improved? I guess we'll see on Saturday.
I was at that game too. Although basically it's the same team . It's a better team. Bellwood wasn't that good last year. Not saying they will win or lose on Saturday.  But throw out anything from last year.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

No way LV blows out Westmont 48-0. Westmont plays in the LHAC and faces much better competition. BG scored 35, Johnstown 28 and McCort had 23 against Westmont. We all know how explosive these teams are and how tough the competition is in the LHAC. I see a tight one here...but I like LV at home, something like 24-13 or so. Then McCort plays in the LHAC and Bellwood is in the ICC. So I'll take McCort 41-20 over Bellwood. McCorts competitive schedule in the LHAC regular season leads them to Mansion Park.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Westy gave up 34 to FH.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

True...but that was week 1...Westmont is a lot better since then...the competitive LHAC schedule has made their defense a lot better...
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Is it possible that FH got a little better since game 1 also? Maybe they would have put 46 on Westy now.