BC/BG/BM Laurel Highlands

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: BC/BG/BM Laurel Highlands

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Maybe that only applies to Central Cambria then, other teams would look at it as a chance to earn a more valuable win then just "a win". Chestnut Ridge won't come in and be a juggernaut, they'd just be a solid program that adds to the strength of the conference. Nobody would be against that. 
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Why are they doing this in the middle of a cycle as opposed to when the cycle is over-this time next year. Adjusting schedules now doesn't make sense to me.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The vote or decisions are happening now, any actions likely wouldn't take place for 2 years.

This discussion has been ongoing for 5+ years BTW, it just seems now things are coming to a head.
Footballfans4life
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Footballfans4life »

This is absolutely ridiculous. The schools in the LHAC are crazy for trying to get rid of the best teams. There's been an overwhelming consensus saying that the Laurel Highlands is the best football conference in the area. Yes every Conference has its studs but the Laurel Highlands is much better from top to bottom. Yes there are still bad teams in the Laurel Highlands i.e. BC, CC, PC.  But the teams are still very competitive across-the-board.  It just seems as though this is a huge mistake. This conference has claimed a team that is one a state championship two consecutive years and has brought a huge amount of press and publicity to not only a conference but the area and football.  To get rid of them at this point is cowardly. From what I understand there are two schools really making the push to get rid of the Catholics. These programs have struggled over the years and will do anything to blame anyone other than themselves. They have some of the worst coaches in the conference facilities in the conference  and of course this is all because the Catholic schools are in the conference. LOL

If this goes through, it's laughable. I understand wanting BC and BG to play up, but if anything the conference should be getting rid of Johnstown and Somerset. Johnstowne is an inner-city school that should win the LHAC every year  hands-down. That goes for all sports too.  If you want to make a conference for AA's and AAA's then at least that's understandable.

If this conference loses the Catholics it would be the third best conference in my opinion. The MAC would be much much much better, the heritage would be better, and I believe the ICC would be equal to this new conference. I still believe  The Westpac is the worst conference. Again I'm not saying that all the teams in these conferences are bad because each conference has it studs but I am looking at the full conference.

In other words I think the remaining teams would look like little babies that tried to blame everybody for their problems just like the protesters in the streets right now who are complaining about Trump being president. Nobody can lose anymore. And of course has to be the CatholicS  fault if CC, PC, CH, Richland, Westmont, can't win. By no means could it be the terrible coaches and schools themselves.

Just think this new conference Johnstown will be undefeated almost every year and Westmont would be the second best team in the conference. That seems like a terrible conference. Those are the only two teams that have at least one win above
500.(maybe Bedford).

What a sad world we live in when you can't beat someone kick them out. Maybe if the LHAC would give participation awards to these terrible teams that are leading this charge maybe they would feel better about themselves. This is a sad indication of where our country is too. If you can't beat someone then complain whine and protest,  no sense in trying to get better and working harder towards a goal.  Much easier to blame the Catholics.

Also didn't Homer centers QB transferred from United a few years ago when they were terrible? If I was in the Heritage conference I would throw Homer center out and Ligonier two, they are both too good. Also good luck Johnstown in a few years you'll be the next team getting kicked out because you're too good or too big. Or whatever excuse the same terrible teams will have then.
Last edited by Footballfans4life on November 16th, 2016, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
raybabbitt
Freshman
Freshman

Post by raybabbitt »

Homer was the D6 champ in 2013...lost to Portage in the 1st round of playoffs in 2014...QB moved in from United in 2015...I wouldn't say they were terrible...
Footballfans4life
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Footballfans4life »

Sorry United was terrible. Homer is usually very good and was good. That's why the QB left to get to a good team. United lost 28-30 games in a row around that time. Heritage should have thrown them out too for being so bad. Lol
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

Footballfans4life wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous. The schools in the LHAC are crazy for trying to get rid of the best teams. There's been an overwhelming consensus saying that the Laurel Highlands is the best football conference in the area. Yes every Conference has its studs but the Laurel Highlands is much better from top to bottom. Yes there are still bad teams in the Laurel Highlands i.e. BC, CC, PC.  But the teams are still very competitive across-the-board.  It just seems as though this is a huge mistake. This conference has claimed a team that is one a state championship two consecutive years and has brought a huge amount of press and publicity to not only a conference but the area and football.  To get rid of them at this point is cowardly. From what I understand there are two schools really making the push to get rid of the Catholics. These programs have struggled over the years and will do anything to blame anyone other than themselves. They have some of the worst coaches in the conference facilities in the conference  and of course this is all because the Catholic schools are in the conference. LOL

If this goes through, it's laughable. I understand wanting BC and BG to play up, but if anything the conference should be getting rid of Johnstown and Somerset. Johnstowne is an inner-city school that should win the LHAC every year  hands-down. That goes for all sports too.  If you want to make a conference for AA's and AAA's then at least that's understandable.

If this conference loses the Catholics it would be the third best conference in my opinion. The MAC would be much much much better, the heritage would be better, and I believe the ICC would be equal to this new conference. I still believe  The Westpac is the worst conference. Again I'm not saying that all the teams in these conferences are bad because each conference has it studs but I am looking at the full conference.

In other words I think the remaining teams would look like little babies that tried to blame everybody for their problems just like the protesters in the streets right now who are complaining about Trump being president. Nobody can lose anymore. And of course has to be the CatholicS  fault if CC, PC, CH, Richland, Westmont, can't win. By no means could it be the terrible coaches and schools themselves.

Just think this new conference Johnstown will be undefeated almost every year and Westmont would be the second best team in the conference. That seems like a terrible conference. Those are the only two teams that have at least one win above
500.(maybe Bedford).

What a sad world we live in when you can't beat someone kick them out. Maybe if the LHAC would give participation awards to these terrible teams that are leading this charge maybe they would feel better about themselves. This is a sad indication of where our country is too. If you can't beat someone then complain whine and protest,  no sense in trying to get better and working harder towards a goal.  Much easier to blame the Catholics.

Also didn't Homer centers QB transferred from United a few years ago when they were terrible? If I was in the Heritage conference I would throw Homer center out and Ligonier two, they are both too good. Also good luck Johnstown in a few years you'll be the next team getting kicked out because you're too good or too big. Or whatever excuse the same terrible teams will have then.
Amen.  Nice post.
stang4life
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stang4life »

Agreed, besides leave us weaker conferences out of the Lhac's mess
bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by bigrig15 »

I really don't think this has anything to do with wins and losses. I also don't think that the LHAC wants BM or BG out but I think there was a sense of arrogance like u aren't doing what we want so we will threaten to kick u out thinking where else will u go. The issue here is the fact that BC might not field a team next year or in the near future. There has been rumors that BC has been closing for the last 3 years and the thing that is probably keeping that school open is the foreign exchange students. CC won't be kicked out because they are one of the bigger schools in the conference even though numbers there are low it's now where close to wondering whether they will field a team. I think they had about 35 guys this year.
benchpress
Freshman
Freshman

Post by benchpress »

I believe the difference in roster numbers between BC and CC was 5 or 6 players, considering BC is A and CC is AAA, those numbers are pretty interesting.