BC/BG/BM Laurel Highlands

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

BC/BG/BM Laurel Highlands

Post by footballfan1 »

I am hearing- I am sure just gossip- that all three Catholic schools might have to look for a new conference and new teams next fall?  The Laurel Highlands wants to regroup without them?  Again just something I heard and I am sure just talk. The BC thing is pretty much a sure thing but again just heard about the other Bishops also.  
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: BC/BG/BM Laurel Highlands

Post by crfball »

I heard the conference altogether may disband and start again
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The public schools want BC gone and BG and McCort didn't vote that way.  If those 2 don't get on board, then they will be voted out as well. So they should probably just get on board with getting Carroll out if they are smart. 
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Don't follow LHAC closely....why do they want BC out?
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

If that happens think the MAC would take BG?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

guru1 wrote:Don't follow LHAC closely....why do they want BC out?
I think it's just the uncertainty with their football program moving forward. Their numbers keep going down in the school in general and on the football team as well. They started playing their games at what is basically on old practice field.  Their new coach was hired from a peewee league. They were basically what Bishop Guilfoyle is now in the early 2000's, and now they are going 0-10 regularly. It's been a pretty steady decline that's happened for some time now.

I just think there's some concerns from the other member schools that they won't be able to continue playing football.  Maybe not so much next year but beyond. 

Carroll supporters have come on here and said they will continue to field a team and they have had a meeting about it.  If you are even having that conversation at all among the administrators and parents, I think that's saying something. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Goldeneagles12 wrote:If that happens think the MAC would take BG?
That seems like it would be a natural fit.  Since most of the schools are AAA and AAAA, I don't think they'd be overly concerned with bringing a catholic school into the league.  I'm not positive on that though.

McCort would likely not have a home if they aren't in the LHAC, the WestPAC and Heritage would never take them. They'd either have to go Independent or WPIAL, which would not be ideal at all. If McCort maintains their AA enrollment, they'd have to travel if they joined the WPIAL. If they fell into class A, they'd at least be able to play Jeannette and GCC. 
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

We played Bg for like 4 years straight last decade. To me its better competition towards playoffs want to be the best play the best. I think a couple MAC teams would oppose. I think the they should accept Hollidaysburg and BG if this scenario plays out.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

how did Rockwook forfeiting games work out? did teams get a set amount of points? what is the precedent for a team that enters the season and then can not play it out due to numbers?
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:The public schools want BC gone and BG and McCort didn't vote that way.  If those 2 don't get on board, then they will be voted out as well. So they should probably just get on board with getting Carroll out if they are smart. 
This is basically what I was told by a coach from one of the schools (no I will not reveal who). The first vote had BG and BM voting no. A letter was sent to all schools in the conference. It stated, a 2nd vote would take place. Any schools not supporting the conference would be the next schools voted out.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!