Ligonier Valley Vs Dunmore

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Ligonier Valley Vs Dunmore

Post by sasquatch260 »

sasquatch260 wrote:Nothing against Smith - he's outstanding - but to me the best player on the team is Elijah Parrish at linebacker. I've been to almost all of LV's games and he's consistently the most aggressive and dominant player on the field - every time. He is a total beast. (Here's a fun tip if you get to go to any LV games: Watch him on kickoff team if you want to see some awesome violence. He destroys everyone who gets in front of him)
Has anyone heard of any college offers for him? I know he's pretty short so I guess that might be a factor...
Another reason I'm a fan - this is awesome - http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/05/ ... pect-down/
Sorry guys, here's the clickable link ...   http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/05/11/ligonier-teen-fends-off-would-be-robber-police-trying-to-track-suspect-down/
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

If only closed minds came with closed mouths
InsideZone
Freshman
Freshman

Post by InsideZone »

Smith is a D1 safety. Things move a lot faster at the next level. Not your run of the mill heritage secondary where guys can't really cover. McCort was lost last weekend in the championship game secondary wise. D1 you see guys who can cover half the field. He's a D1 defensive player. I noticed last week he plays into the boundary a lot which where I think he fits at the next level.

Dunmore has played athletes before. Few years ago I'm pretty sure they played the Clairton team that had three D1 Pitt guys and a few other 1AA guys. Granted the score was 30-8 I believe but they competed. This game will be decided by a few plays. If LV can get hats to the ball and make Dunmore earn it I like LVs chances. Only problem I see with LV is if they turn the ball over.
TouchdownTom
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TouchdownTom »

InsideZone wrote:Smith is a D1 safety. Things move a lot faster at the next level. Not your run of the mill heritage secondary where guys can't really cover. McCort was lost last weekend in the championship game secondary wise. D1 you see guys who can cover half the field. He's a D1 defensive player. I noticed last week he plays into the boundary a lot which where I think he fits at the next level.

Dunmore has played athletes before. Few years ago I'm pretty sure they played the Clairton team that had three D1 Pitt guys and a few other 1AA guys. Granted the score was 30-8 I believe but they competed. This game will be decided by a few plays. If LV can get hats to the ball and make Dunmore earn it I like LVs chances. Only problem I see with LV is if they turn the ball over.
Score ended up 20-0. Dunmore largely did what they needed to against Clairton in that game, but they couldn't match the Bears' intensity. I've never seen a team so aggressive and nasty in my life. They were undersized, but just tenacious, and Dunmore couldn't budge them, offensively, to move the ball. 
Turnovers, as cliche and obvious as it's going to sound, are going to play a huge role in this game. If Dunmore's moving the ball, LV can ill-afford to give it back to them and let them eat clock. Dunmore, straight up, can't afford to turn the ball over to LV's potent offense. 
Iceman80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Iceman80 »

TouchdownTom wrote:
InsideZone wrote:Smith is a D1 safety. Things move a lot faster at the next level. Not your run of the mill heritage secondary where guys can't really cover. McCort was lost last weekend in the championship game secondary wise. D1 you see guys who can cover half the field. He's a D1 defensive player. I noticed last week he plays into the boundary a lot which where I think he fits at the next level.

Score ended up 20-0. Dunmore largely did what they needed to against Clairton in that game, but they couldn't match the Bears' intensity. I've never seen a team so aggressive and nasty in my life. They were undersized, but just tenacious, and Dunmore couldn't budge them, offensively, to move the ball. 
Turnovers, as cliche and obvious as it's going to sound, are going to play a huge role in this game. If Dunmore's moving the ball, LV can ill-afford to give it back to them and let them eat clock. Dunmore, straight up, can't afford to turn the ball over to LV's potent offense. 
Not that this means one team will turn the ball over and the other won't, but I think LV is + 23 in turnover margin. Does anyone know Dunmore's margin?
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

TouchdownTom wrote:

I think the biggest key is winning first and second down to force 3d and 7/8/9's especially early in drives. Dunmore is prone to have drives that eat up 6-7 minutes off the clock and control the first half TOP for 12-13 minutes. Even if LV is winning 14-7 at the break and Dunmore controlled the TOP, they'll roll away with it in the second half. 
That Dunmore vs Clairton match-up was my favorite state championship win for the Bears. I got tremendous respect for Dunmore. 
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

Dunmore is as Smashmouth-Ground N Pound as they come...if LV is to win this game they need to score points and try to spread the Bucks out, because if this turns into a physical matchup I see Dunmore wearing down LV and pounding them into submission
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Dunmore has not seen a team that can throw like this, as much As LV has to respect the ability of Dunmore to play smash mouth ball control, that offense however will be in trouble if they let Smith to Daughter/Tutino get going. Fb dive and running off tackle are not the same as 50 yd strikes in the passing game
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting"

NEXT!!!!!!!!!
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Very nice win fo LV. I hope they beat SCA.