Ligonier Valley vs Dunmore  7pm at Bald Eagle Area High School
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ligonier Valley Vs Dunmore

Post by konjo78 »

Give me 35-21 dunmore. Liggy is now outside of the weak D6AA this year. They are a good team but this will be the end of the fairy tale season.
thatguynoonelikes
Freshman
Freshman

Post by thatguynoonelikes »

My bets have been against the odds of Liggy since the play offs started. I think they have proved the be better then alot of teams out there. I feel they are in the same bracket as BG to be honest. This will be the first time this playoff season im going to go with Ligioner. I feel its going to be a defensive game to the very end 
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

thatguynoonelikes wrote:My bets have been against the odds of Liggy since the play offs started. I think they have proved the be better then alot of teams out there. I feel they are in the same bracket as BG to be honest. This will be the first time this playoff season im going to go with Ligioner. I feel its going to be a defensive game to the very end 
First district title vs 2 time state champs who lost best player and still were dominate and are facing a narrowed down class A.  I don't think they have the same odds to win it all.  
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

thatguynoonelikes wrote: I feel they are in the same bracket as BG to be honest.
First off, pump the brakes on putting a team in the same bracket with a school who is the two time defending State Champions and has the 4th longest winning streak in the NATION.

That being said....In my opinion I feel that Dunmore is a favorable match up for Ligonier Valley. After watching the Rams in person Friday night, the only thing they struggled with defensively was some toss plays to the edge and with the makeup of this Dunmore team they pride themselves in the power run right at you. I think Liggy will be able to spread a bigger, slower team out and be successful on offense with pass game. Inside the 10 where the Rams liked to go to the QB Draw with Smith, if Dunmore is that stout up front it might complicate things a bit however. Hope to see LV win and keep the run rolling.
Last edited by PortagePride on November 20th, 2016, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatguynoonelikes
Freshman
Freshman

Post by thatguynoonelikes »

Im a BG guy, our first time to states we won that game due to a stoute defense. Everyone wrote us off against Williamsport because they had Dominick Bragalone. That game and the Clariton game were won due to the defense. And I truly feel Ligioner has great defense. Im not saying they will win states but I feel they have very good odds in this game. Im not saying their in the same bracket as Guilfoyle as they are a 2 year state champion. But I will say Ligioners defense did a much better job against both Westmont and McCort then Guilfoyles defense did this year. And as I said Im from Guilfoyle so Im giving credit where credit is needed. I dont feel that Ligioner has as good as an offense as BG but their defense is definitely something to talk about. 
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

From a quick look at the teams they played this year, it does not appear that Dunmore has played against a team that can sling it like LV.
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

Let's use Homer as a measuring rod for how BG would stack up against LV. LV beat them 56-0 with most of the points scored in the first half and the starters out in the second.

Ligonier has a faster defense and a better passing game. BG is bigger and has a better running game. (I predict BG will not beat Homer by half the margin LV did, and Homer will score multiple times on BG.)
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

sasquatch260 wrote:Let's use Homer as a measuring rod for how BG would stack up against LV. LV beat them 56-0 with most of the points scored in the first half and the starters out in the second.

Ligonier has a faster defense and a better passing game. BG is bigger and has a better running game. (I predict BG will not beat Homer by half the margin LV did, and Homer will score multiple times on BG.)
How do you know one team's offense or defense is better, faster, stronger than the other one? They are NOT GOING TO PLAY EACH OTHER, so can we just stop with this and let Ligonier and Guilfoyle enjoy their runs.
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

PortagePride wrote:
sasquatch260 wrote:Let's use Homer as a measuring rod for how BG would stack up against LV. LV beat them 56-0 with most of the points scored in the first half and the starters out in the second.

How do you know one team's offense or defense is better, faster, stronger than the other one? They are NOT GOING TO PLAY EACH OTHER, so can we just stop with this and let Ligonier and Guilfoyle enjoy their runs.
That's my point in the first half of what I said. The second half was stating my opinion based on seeing both teams play. (I could have clarified that second part).