AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

Post by deepcreek »

It's that 1% that can change things, like a QB transfer from Lewisburg that is pretty good. But I'm not on one side or another, these things happen everywhere. Heck if Ligonier wins long enough maybe you'll see transfers in from Latrobe. Just part of the benefits of having a winning program.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

OpinionatedOrange wrote:
billmurray wrote:
OpinionatedOrange wrote: Well at the game I spoke with a gentleman from SC and he was raving about their talent every year and how their team is always a nice mixture of some transfer students and some homegrown kids. He explained to me that a good amount of their players had moved in from other areas to play football. 
I know the team, area, coach and players well. This statement is bunko. If you saw the names from the rosters 20 years ago, you'd see they're the same names. 99% of those players came up through an incredible feeder system that is coached by former players. 
Okay I was just going from what I was told by one of their fans. 
Then you posted it on here like it was gospel.  What could be wrong with that.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

LVCoachFoust wrote:Konjo78,
I'm not going to argue with you about what happens or goes on at LV.  I've been on the staff for 13 years.  I do know a few things though.  Number 1, we have outstanding young men that work very, very hard and love the game of football.  They respect the game and play how it should be played.  Number 2, say what you want about Coach Beitel, but I don't think there is another coach that works as hard as he does to get our players to play at the next level.  We've had a good number of players move on and play in college.  Many more than all of the other Heritage teams.  He understands what it takes to play at that level and pushes our players to work hard to achieve those goals.  I've been with him since 2004, before we arrived, LV was a door mat.  Everyone wanted them for there Homecoming game.  Now that the program is established, it's critiqued more than any other program around.  Especially on this site.  I truly don't know why.  I would love to personally meet some of you on here and see who you are, hiding behind a screen name.  We just lost and finished 14-1.  What else do you experts want us to do?
Coaching for ligonier for 13 years you must of been there for countless times your team went on the road and trashed opponents locker rooms. When players were taking cheap shots to opponents top players. The times heritage teams visited ligonier and had rocks thrown at them from behind the fence, keying cars. Also talk to heritage people and they'll tell you about dozens and dozens of phantom calls that happen when you visit the ligonier team. 

This is the reason why a large part of heritage fans were lukewarm about supporting ligonier because they  have given themselves such a negative perspective within that conference.
bigben7
Junior
Junior

Post by bigben7 »

The fact is people don't like Ligonier for one reason. Roger Beitel. You will see it in the next few weeks when the various all-star teams and coach of the year are named. If it is a coaches vote. He will not win it.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Maybe Johnny Jones would come back to Liggy, LOL.  Loved by everyone.
Last edited by Manfred on December 6th, 2016, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Dbl. post.
It ain't over until it's over.
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

konjo78 wrote:
LVCoachFoust wrote:Konjo78,

I'm not going to argue with you about what happens or goes on at LV.  I've been on the staff for 13 years.  I do know a few things though.  Number 1, we have outstanding young men that work very, very hard and love the game of football.  They respect the game and play how it should be played.  Number 2, say what you want about Coach Beitel, but I don't think there is another coach that works as hard as he does to get our players to play at the next level.  We've had a good number of players move on and play in college.  Many more than all of the other Heritage teams.  He understands what it takes to play at that level and pushes our players to work hard to achieve those goals.  I've been with him since 2004, before we arrived, LV was a door mat.  Everyone wanted them for there Homecoming game.  Now that the program is established, it's critiqued more than any other program around.  Especially on this site.  I truly don't know why.  I would love to personally meet some of you on here and see who you are, hiding behind a screen name.  We just lost and finished 14-1.  What else do you experts want us to do?
Coaching for ligonier for 13 years you must of been there for countless times your team went on the road and trashed opponents locker rooms. When players were taking cheap shots to opponents top players. The times heritage teams visited ligonier and had rocks thrown at them from behind the fence, keying cars. Also talk to heritage people and they'll tell you about dozens and dozens of phantom calls that happen when you visit the ligonier team. 

This is the reason why a large part of heritage fans were lukewarm about supporting ligonier because they  have given themselves such a negative perspective within that conference.
Why did any of this need to be brought up? I thought this forum was to talk about sports and not bash people with a bunch of bullshit that you pull out of your ****? It seems to me like konjo78 is a fan of another team in the area of ligonier and is jealous of LV's success so he/she wants to bash them. Move on from this topic and grow up a bit there buddy. 
LVCoachFoust
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LVCoachFoust »

Konjo78,

Give it up man. Trashing locker rooms? Not true. If fact, we assistant coaches do a walk through after each game to make sure that the locker rooms are pretty clean. As for people throwing rocks at our home games. I believe that is totally made up. If it were true, it wouldn't be football players, they are on the field playing. Phantom calls! I laughed out loud at that one. Like when you have to have 7 players on the line of scrimmage to run a play, but a team did it with 5 and 2 others in motion a few years ago to beat us on the last play of the game. You tell me what players of mine were taking cheap shots at other "Top" players. I've been the Defensive Coordinator since 2009 and I can't recall any of these accusations. Please give me an example or two. I will not sit idle anymore and let you people continuously post negative things about us. None of you know us and probably never will.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Why is a coach from any team on here?  Coach Foust , you are at the biggest school in your conference, I would hope that you are winning.  Also in ? years, this is the first title and appearance in the title game for the District.  Maybe not a doormat, but far from proclaiming yourself as an accomplished program.
Do you go up into the stands and address the people not happy with the coaching?  Or just get on message boards?   
Could you please explain your teams usage of timeouts against SC and why was Collin the only ball carrier for your team the entire game?  
Your kids were awesome this year and I give them a huge congratulations on what they accomplished, but as far as coaching win a couple district titles and have your head coach respect the game and opponents and you will earn the public respect.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

So in your world, has been, only coaches that have won multiple district titles are worthy of respect?