AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
HelmetCleats
Freshman
Freshman

Re: AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

Post by HelmetCleats »

Parish is from the nourthern end but neiderheiser is not I believe.
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

So I recently found out something about this LV team that was very impressive. During the pre-season LV attended the Pine Richland 7 on 7. They beat Woodland Hills, Neshanock, Clairton, Erie Cathedral Prep, Central Valley, Chartiers Valley, and Alliquipa. They lost in the championship to Pine Richland by one score. Those are some great football programs they beat. Just shows that their skill players were some of the best and could hang with anyone.
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

OpinionatedOrange wrote:So I recently found out something about this LV team that was very impressive. During the pre-season LV attended the Pine Richland 7 on 7. They beat Woodland Hills, Neshanock, Clairton, Erie Cathedral Prep, Central Valley, Chartiers Valley, and Alliquipa. They lost in the championship to Pine Richland by one score. Those are some great football programs they beat. Just shows that their skill players were some of the best and could hang with anyone.
To clarify, they actually lost to CV and Clairton in the morning round robin which set up the seeding for the afternoon single elimination.  And they did not play Aliquippa - although they were in the tournament.  They won all of their afternoon contests until the championship in which they lost 21-20 to PR.  Came down to the last play.  They also were 8-0 at the Saint Francis 7v7, and 4-0 at the GJHS 7v7.  A 7v7 is not football.  That being said - yes - their skill guys can hang with anybody.
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

BlueYonder wrote:
OpinionatedOrange wrote:So I recently found out something about this LV
team that was very impressive. During the pre-season LV attended the Pine Richland 7 on 7. They beat Woodland Hills, Neshanock, Clairton, Erie Cathedral Prep, Central Valley, Chartiers Valley, and Alliquipa. They lost in the championship to Pine Richland by one score. Those are some great football programs they beat. Just shows that their skill players were some of the best and could hang with anyone.
To clarify, they actually lost to CV and Clairton in the morning round robin which set up the seeding for the afternoon single elimination.  And they did not play Aliquippa - although they were in the tournament.  They won all of their afternoon contests until the championship in which they lost 21-20 to PR.  Came down to the last play.  They also were 8-0 at the Saint Francis 7v7, and 4-0 at the GJHS 7v7.  A 7v7 is not football.  That being said - yes - their skill guys can hang with anybody.
Thanks for the clarification! A friend of mine from Aliquippa informed me of their wins at at 7v7... I was just repeating what he told me because he attended the event. Still impressive though.