AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

Post by konjo78 »

Ligonier is 100% outmatched. Smith can run on offense but his passing is off. Not to mention his dropping 2 snaps. J
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Wow , how did those freshman beat LV?. Think alot of people underestimated what a Roth coached team is capable of.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Turnovers, poor coaching and being outmatched on the line.

Very very good game though
InsideZone
Freshman
Freshman

Post by InsideZone »

youngbuck wrote:Wow , how did those freshman beat LV?.  Think alot of people underestimated what a Roth coached team is capable of.
 I was at the game and Fleming the freshman WR didn't blow me away like I thought he would. Poor body control but it shows because he's a young kid. Garcia has good center of gravity and tough to bring down. The better team won tonight. SC came out and said we are gonna blitz you gotta get it out quick. LV couldn't find a groove in the first half at all. You can't turn the ball over in playoff football. Play calling was bad for LV I think. It was a good game to watch. Great season by LV. 
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Does this mean all the thug speaking LV football plyers will stop posting giberish?
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Nah not any players just fans that didn't give any other team respect. The kool-aid was really strong.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I hate to say I told you so but I told you so. So Columbia has been to the dance many times its not a fluke or 1 great player. Say goodbye because as stated this was a young team. Pencil them in for next year. Ligonier did have a good run though further than I thought. I saw the gauntlet ahead and figured it ended last week with Dunmore
-BIRDS OF PREY-
InsideZone
Freshman
Freshman

Post by InsideZone »

With that being said SC is outmatched next week skill position wise. Steel Valley has some real talented players. Pretty sure the only way Wilmington scored was from mop up time
marley1
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by marley1 »

Saw a few posts about poor coaching.  While coaches aren't supposed to be, they are a lot like the team that they coach.  LV had absolutely no competition in the Heritage and very little competition in District 6.  Decision making like clock management under fire in close games is a learned art.  LV coaches have not had to make strategic game managing decisions until this game.  I didn't see the game, but according to some on here, there were some time outs wasted and some decisions on 4th down that were questionable.  Just maybe it was attributed to what I mentioned above.  Again, wasn't there, so just a MAYBE..
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Fun to look at Heritage predictions and see how many predicted a blowout, comments about the youth of SC.   SC did good job taking Daughtery out of game.  
358 rushing for SC ,wow.  
Great game and season.
Smith will be AA player of the Year