AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
InsideZone
Freshman
Freshman

Re: AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

Post by InsideZone »

My prediction for this game is LV 35 SC 20. LV made me a believer after last week for sure. They faced some adversity in the game for the first time all season and they delivered. The supporting cast around Smith is pretty darn good. Daugherty should be able to get some PSAC interest or some 1AA looks for sure after the season. I know nothing about SC besides from what I read on here but you don't see many freshman be as good as some are saying on the thread. Hopefully they show up when the lights come on in the game before the state championship!
InsideZone
Freshman
Freshman

Post by InsideZone »

InsideZone wrote:My prediction for this game is LV 35 SC 20. LV made me a believer after last week for sure. They faced some adversity in the game for the first time all season and they delivered. The supporting cast around Smith is pretty darn good. Daugherty should be able to get some PSAC interest or some 1AA looks for sure after the season. I know nothing about SC besides from what I read on here but you don't see many freshman be as good as some are saying on the thread. Hopefully they show up when the lights come on in the game before the state championship!
Just watched Flemings hudl. He's strong for a freshman. Sure hope he keeps his head on a swivel catching that slant because Smith is going to look to give him a shot in the mouth if he comes across the middle. Garcia is a good back for how young he is. He will be good for years to come. I do not think he is a world beater by any means though. If you get hats to the football you will slow him down. Thomas and Garcia are alike I believe. I'll give both backs their credit, if they get a crease they are gone. Good tough runners who benefit greatly from the Wing T. 
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

InsideZone wrote:My prediction for this game is LV 35 SC 20. LV made me a believer after last week for sure. They faced some adversity in the game for the first time all season and they delivered. The supporting cast around Smith is pretty darn good. Daugherty should be able to get some PSAC interest or some 1AA looks for sure after the season. I know nothing about SC besides from what I read on here but you don't see many freshman be as good as some are saying on the thread. Hopefully they show up when the lights come on in the game before the state championship!
What about Tutino? I was reading up on all the players stats for each team and his stats are very very impressive. He looks very fast and shifty on film as well. 
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

What kind of stats would Alex Hoenstine had in the Heritage this year?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

youngbuck wrote:What kind of stats would Alex Hoenstine had in the Heritage this year?
Probably like 6,000 rushing and 1,000 underground swimming....depends which team he was on I guess
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Dominic Bragolone numbers maybe.
Iceman80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Iceman80 »

OpinionatedOrange wrote:
What about Tutino? I was reading up on all the players stats for each team and his stats are very very impressive. He looks very fast and shifty on film as well. 
He's as good a high school wide receiver as you'll see for a sophomore. He leads the state in receiving yards for sophomores with 1,075, which broke an all time area record and averages over 20 yards per catch. He's definitely fast and shifty, but if you enjoy watching the receiver position you'll appreciate the routes this kid runs and his ball skills....both are very advanced for his age. The adjustments he makes to catch the football, especially on long passes, are something to see. He's a heck of a defensive back as well and hits very hard. Very talented all around football player.
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

Iceman80 wrote:
OpinionatedOrange wrote:
He's as good a high school wide receiver as you'll see for a sophomore. He leads the state in receiving yards for sophomores with 1,075, which broke an all time area record and averages over 20 yards per catch. He's definitely fast and shifty, but if you enjoy watching the receiver position you'll appreciate the routes this kid runs and his ball skills....both are very advanced for his age. The adjustments he makes to catch the football, especially on long passes, are something to see. He's a heck of a defensive back as well and hits very hard. Very talented all around football player.
Yeah thats exactly what I've seen on his highlight films. He impressed me the most out of any wide receiver I've watched on film between LV and SC by far. He just seems to run his routes with fine detail unlike the other receivers. What really impressed me is his ability to turn short gains into long gains with his vision and quick moves on the opposing players. It seems as if he doesn't need an open field to make big plays which most highschool receivers that age need. He lead the nation in interceptions for freshman last year?! That's insane. I'd say LV will probably have him matched up on number 4 for SC all game. Other receivers will have to come up big for SC if they want to have any chance in the passing game. 
WildCatz
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by WildCatz »

First off congratulations to the lv rams on the great season.  I think they have a good shot in this week's match-up.  This SC team is a very good one but not an SC team of the past. They are very young in certain areas.  It is an amazing feat to have made it this far.  Lv will match-up well with this team as SC is a power football team.  I can see lv spreading them out and having success as they have been doing. I think lv makes it to Hershey this year.  However,  you can never factor out Jim Roth and the SC Tigers.  As long as he is coaching they will have a chance he is a legend and a class act. 
InsideZone
Freshman
Freshman

Post by InsideZone »

OpinionatedOrange wrote:
Iceman80 wrote:
OpinionatedOrange wrote: What about Tutino? I was reading up on all the players stats for each team and his stats are very very impressive. He looks very fast and shifty on film as well. 
Yeah thats exactly what I've seen on his highlight films. He impressed me the most out of any wide receiver I've watched on film between LV and SC by far. He just seems to run his routes with fine detail unlike the other receivers. What really impressed me is his ability to turn short gains into long gains with his vision and quick moves on the opposing players. It seems as if he doesn't need an open field to make big plays which most highschool receivers that age need. He lead the nation in interceptions for freshman last year?! That's insane. I'd say LV will probably have him matched up on number 4 for SC all game. Other receivers will have to come up big for SC if they want to have any chance in the passing game. 
I was talking Daughtery because he's the older guy. Tutino needs to get some exposure this summer and go to some camps since he is a young guy.