Chadbourn To Return

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Chadbourn To Return

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Right as bill mentions, nothing is in writing right now. Chadbourn doesn't have to go to Lehigh, and Lehigh could move onto someone else. Nothing is binding until February.

But I agree, if he's healthy and cleared by a doctor, there shouldn't be a holdup.
HaroldSakata
Freshman
Freshman

Post by HaroldSakata »

Looks like he's sitting on a Harvard offer. I'd take that and not look back.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I didn't think Ivy League schools gave athletic scholarships?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

They don't give full scholarships, but they do offer kids to play football there. They offer "need-based" aid or something. El Moldo knows the full story on Ivy League's athletics. That's not even me being a jerk, he actually knows the guidelines on this topic.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Wrasslerfan wrote:It seems to me coffin  corner hates. Bg. And another thing I have never seen so much Complaining about Chadbourne return
No hate for BG.  Will be rooting for them to win their third and hope to go to Hershey , but the situation sucks.  So  Barrish, Conrad or someone else who played all year and did a dang fine job , gets to spend some time on the bench.  Evan Chadbourne is a stud And had as good of a junior season as possible. No doubt a special athlete.  Will he help BG , sure.    Do they need him, probably not.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Who knows? They may need him to beat Clairton.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I also thought 1-AA schools like Lehigh , James Madison, etc. did not offer FULL schollies like D-1.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

FBS - 85 Full Scholarships
FCS - 63, they can be full or partial
Division II - 36, partial.
Division III - no scholarships
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

CoffinCorner wrote:
Wrasslerfan wrote:It seems to me coffin  corner hates. Bg. And another thing I have never seen so much Complaining about Chadbourne return
No hate for BG.  Will be rooting for them to win their third and hope to go to Hershey , but the situation sucks.  So  Barrish, Conrad or someone else who played all year and did a dang fine job , gets to spend some time on the bench.  Evan Chadbourne is a stud And had as good of a junior season as possible. No doubt a special athlete.  Will he help BG , sure.    Do they need him, probably not.
No doubt that Coffin doesn't hate BG.  I don't see much about this situation that sucks unless Chadbourne reinjures the knee.  He's remained a leader, mentor and coach all year.   He's enormously respected by his coaches and teammates.  He likely won't play long and in the best case he'd be trading time with Barrish.  I'd bet his buddies would love to see him play and do well.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

FBS - 85 Full Scholarships
FCS - 63, they can be full or partial
Division II - 36, partial.
Division III - no scholarships
D III doesn't give scholarships but they do have College Funds given to athletes that in some cases can actually be more than a partial from D II. I know some D II kids getting $1000 to $1500.

Just having him on the field I would think is a lift for the team. It also makes the opponent prepare for him, even at 80% he's one of the best athletes on the field.
-BIRDS OF PREY-