Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

Post by DCor50 »

From which school?  Clairton or BG.  Just because there isn't a Bishop in front of Clairton, doesn't mean they play by the rules.  I mean c'mon man....they field like 25 players a year, but have multiple D 1 kids every year...something doesn't add up...seriously, is everyone that dumb?
Birda
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: RE: Re: Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

Post by Birda »

DCor50 wrote:From which school?  Clairton or BG.  Just because there isn't a Bishop in front of Clairton, doesn't mean they play by the rules.  I mean c'mon man....they field like 25 players a year, but have multiple D 1 kids every year...something doesn't add up...seriously, is everyone that dumb?
Go on...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

I've always thought the same thing about Clairton, no way that many kids go through a small school like that constantly year after year
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't think Clairton recruits personaly, but this isn't the first time I've seen people think it's oddly coincidental one of the smallest schools in the state usually rolls with 4-5 D1 players.

My thought, why send you kid to Clairton? There are better options academically all over Allegheny county. Thomas Jefferson is the best AAAA program around and it's 2 minutes from Clairton.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

But then again, Aliquippa gets Ambridge's best players all the time.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Can anyone actually name a Player who did not come through the peewee system that plays at Clariton?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I don't think they can, it's sort of a witch hunt from what I can gather. Animus can come on here and clear that up.
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

I know personally that BG has had all of their star players play in the parochial school system 
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

DCor50 wrote:From which school?  Clairton or BG.  Just because there isn't a Bishop in front of Clairton, doesn't mean they play by the rules.  I mean c'mon man....they field like 25 players a year, but have multiple D 1 kids every year...something doesn't add up...seriously, is everyone that dumb?
LV loses , so start the attack on the only remaining D6 school and while your at it go after Clariton, a town that does not have a grocery store and 25% of the houses are boarded up.   Yeah, you dont sound like a sore loser at all. 
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

What about BG's 300 pound line man that block for those running backs? Did they suit up for anybody else before coming to BG? Just wondering :-\