Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

Post by youngbuck »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dESllE69SQ
Wow , Three transfers into LV, are you going to call them out too dad.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I don't think they can, it's sort of a witch hunt from what I can gather.  Animus can come on here and clear that up.
I'm not one to blame a school of recruiting public or private. It's all speculation and not fair to players who bust their butts to get this far. However,  why can't one assume a public school recruits as much as a private? I think the point was to only point that out. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yes, outside of the bubble of District 5/6, some parents pick out the best possible situation for their kids.  Public or Private.  West Allegheny always gets kids because Bob Palko is very reputable.  Aliquippa tends to get kids from Ambridge because it's a better athletic program. North Allegheny gets kids all the time.  When Terry Smith was at Gateway, he got kids.  Maybe that's why Penn State hired him.

It happens, there's no doubt about it.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I guess any suspicion that Clairton recruits is fine, but it's really not true. If Clairton recruited, we'd be much bigger up front. 
thatguynoonelikes
Freshman
Freshman

Post by thatguynoonelikes »

Is this game going to be streaming online at all?
crazylou69
Freshman
Freshman

Post by crazylou69 »

my boys should being playing this game instead of bg, if we recruited from 13 schools we would be stacked too. clairton wins big. jv will be in at the end of the first quarter.  
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I think this is going to be a defensive struggle with the final decided by XPs. A similar score from two years ago is certainly possible.

The thing about a player like Wade is, you can stop him for 20 of 22 plays, it's those two big plays that ultimately hurts you, same applies to Noah Hamlin and the rest of the bunch. Wade is also uncanny when it comes to coming up with a huge pick six at the right time.

Clairton 22
BG 20
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

What jumps out at me the most with this Clairton team is they haven't touched 40 points the last 5 games. I know Wade hasn't been healthy. I don't believe the Bears will be able to put up a volume of points against BG either, so they're D will have to be opportunistic and keep the game close. I'll take BG 24-20
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
TheRealBleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheRealBleacherCoach »

This isn't the best team BG has played this year. Wade is a big time player but BG is loaded. They are gonna run the ball right at you. ill go BG 35-19 or 42-20. Something along those lines. 
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I think you meant to say the last three games, which is a valid point. Noah Hamlin was hurt for the Northgate and Jeannette games. The story with this Bears team is the defense. Farrell started inside the Bears 20 four times and came up with just one touchdown. But the lack of offense is a true statement. The last time Clairton scored 40+, it was an 8-8 game at halftime.

If I'm BG, I kick every punt and kickoff out-of-bounds, and concede field position. You don't want the ball in Wade or Hamlin's hands in the open field.